No 'Important HC2.0 progress... Please Read' Sticky?

Westsailor

• Members

It's still an f'ing joke.

I went over there to see what all the fuss was about. I agree, looks to me like someone got sold the sizzle and forgot about the steak.

I was an online marketing manager for EA for a while. One of my tasks was to manage design/development and launch of the website for new games. The biggest single hurdle I constantly had to overcome was keeping the programmers reigned in. Otherwise it would have been all snazzy, techy show-off style and no substance.

Kinda like what I see in HC2.0 right now

We'll see if they can deliver in the long run I guess

• Members

I went over there to see what all the fuss was about. I agree, looks to me like someone got sold the sizzle and forgot about the steak.

I was an online marketing manager for EA for a while. One of my tasks was to manage design/development and launch of the website for new games. The biggest single hurdle I constantly had to overcome was keeping the programmers reigned in. Otherwise it would have been all snazzy, techy show-off style and no substance.

Kinda like what I see in HC2.0 right now

We'll see if they can deliver in the long run I guess

From 'The Tao of Programming' by Geoffrey James

A novice programmer was once assigned to code a simple financial package.

The novice worked furiously for many days, but when his master reviewed his program, he discovered that it contained a screen editor, a set of generalized graphics routines, an artificial intelligence interface, but not the slightest mention of anything financial.

When the master asked about this, the novice became indignant. ``Don't be so impatient,'' he said, ``I'll put in the financial stuff eventually.''

• Members

I'm tempted to go back and do programming in college. I did it as part of a course I never finished. It was one of the only classes I was good at. I actually ended up going onto some 2nd year stuff because I finished the 1st year exercises.

If you're good at it and you like it, it's a lot of fun. :thu:

Archived