Older Gallien-Krueger 410 cab

Marko

• Members

Ported?

Just turn up slow and see what speaker stress you can hear before trying to compete with someone. I would even test without a drum kit there so you can better hear rattles and learn what sounds it's pushing.

Let us know. Thanks,

moogie

Vent accross the bottom front of cab.

Yes, that's what I'm doing now; good advice. :)

• Members

well, if it is indeed the same, you should be fine with it in a band setting. bleepo was in a band that had 2 guitarists, a singer and a drummer (standard i know, why do i ramble?) and he used that the whole time. i believe he was using a 400w peavey head, but i think i remember him using something else at one point. i was the roadie/merch girl, but i just remember how heavy crap is, not what it was!

• Members

She is correct. I don't know the exact specs but 3-400w. Mine is 4ohm. Like Mrs. Bleepo said, I've used it with both an old Peavey Megabass, and half of a CS800 with an Ampeg Svp-Pro. Takes a 5 string just fine.

My cab has great midrange, but the lows and highs leave something to be desired. I was too lazy to dig out my Genz 610, and the guitar players last night both had combos.

I used it last night with my GBE1200. (puts out 1000w@4ohm) The speakers are plenty strong. I had no problems being heard over 2 guitars and drums. It's a good working mans cab... There is a pic I can't find with Duff McKagen using 2 of em with GnR. It's not my sound, but for $150 you should be happy.

Archived