Calling all Xbox 360 LIVE users...

absintheXIII

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
LOL, actually the 117 is a Halo reference. Master Chief was S117 (Sierra 117)

Cool.

Sad thing... that was less a joke than you'd know. I once talked to a guy who was in a band, I forget the exact name, but it was something like Jennifer 8, Jennifer of course being their lead singer. I asked him what the 8 was for as they were a 4 piece.

He answered "Because Jennifer and Jennifer 2 through 7 was already taken by other bands." :facepalm:

He actually was being serious. I had no retort.

• Members
Cool.

Sad thing... that was less a joke than you'd know. I once talked to a guy who was in a band, I forget the exact name, but it was something like Jennifer 8, Jennifer of course being their lead singer. I asked him what the 8 was for as they were a 4 piece.

He answered "Because Jennifer and Jennifer 2 through 7 was already taken by other bands."
:facepalm:

He actually was being serious. I had no retort.

:lol:

• Members

BigPigPeaches

I'm only really into Team Fortress 2 right now.

My favorite online exchange recently:
Player 1 (sounds like he's about 8 years old): "You know what would be really awesome? If they made a map where..."
Player 2 (sounds like he's about 25): "You know what would be really awesome?
IF YOUR NUTS DROPPED."

• Members

What kind of multiplayer gaming do you want? I've had a couple of great cat & mouse games in Project Gotham Racing 3/4, but if you aren't into racing it won't be any fun, know what I mean?

While I can't ever get my friends to play it, I loved some of the GTA IV multiplayer modes. What other racing game lets you take out your opponents with rocket launchers? :D

Halo 3 has both 4 player co-op as well as a ton of different online gaming modes. If you aren't interested in the campaign or co-op at all, I'd suggest getting Halo: ODST as a Halo 3 multiplayer disc plus all DLC is included as well.

For turn based strategy, I've had fun playing Civilization Revolution. I actually own the 360, Nintendo DS, and iPhone versions of this game. The first 3 months of my DS ownership, CivRev was the only game I played. I think every version EXCEPT the iPhone version has an online mode too.

For sandbox games, I've had the most fun with Red Faction: Guerrilla. It includes both battles as well as races (steal a vehicle and make it back to base within time limit). GTA IV can be fun too, but I like the fact everything in RF:G is destructable. Crackdown is supposed to be another great sandbox type game (with co-op play too, not sure if it has adversarial MP). The original can be picked up cheap at Gamestop, and Crackdown 2 is coming out soon.

I haven't delved too much into RPGs beyond Fallout3, Oblivion and Mass Effect so someone else will have to cover this area. :)

• Members
What kind of multiplayer gaming do you want? I've had a couple of great cat & mouse games in Project Gotham Racing 3/4, but if you aren't into racing it won't be any fun, know what I mean?

While I can't ever get my friends to play it, I loved some of the GTA IV multiplayer modes. What other racing game lets you take out your opponents with rocket launchers?
:D

Halo 3 has both 4 player co-op as well as a ton of different online gaming modes. If you aren't interested in the campaign or co-op at all, I'd suggest getting Halo: ODST as a Halo 3 multiplayer disc plus all DLC is included as well.

For turn based strategy, I've had fun playing Civilization Revolution. I actually own the 360, Nintendo DS, and iPhone versions of this game. The first 3 months of my DS ownership, CivRev was the only game I played. I think every version EXCEPT the iPhone version has an online mode too.

For sandbox games, I've had the most fun with Red Faction: Guerrilla. It includes both battles as well as races (steal a vehicle and make it back to base within time limit). GTA IV can be fun too, but I like the fact everything in RF:G is destructable. Crackdown is supposed to be another great sandbox type game (with co-op play too, not sure if it has adversarial MP). The original can be picked up cheap at Gamestop, and Crackdown 2 is coming out soon.

I haven't delved too much into RPGs beyond Fallout3, Oblivion and Mass Effect so someone else will have to cover this area.
:)

I might look into picking up Halo and GTA (again). I don't mind those games at all.

Also CivRev is tons of fun :) I love me a good tactics game. I had rented it awhile back and intended on buying a copy but never got around to it.

You don't need to worry about RPG listing. I know them well, heck i've played and beaten all the games you mentioned.

• Members
I might look into picking up Halo and GTA (again). I don't mind those games at all.

Also CivRev is tons of fun
:)
I love me a good tactics game. I had rented it awhile back and intended on buying a copy but never got around to it.

You don't need to worry about RPG listing. I know them well, heck i've played and beaten all the games you mentioned.

Civ has always been one of my fav games. It's probably the only series I've beaten every major version of.

Archived