Learning to sing and play every instrument

dreamsound2

• Members

Right on, man...that tune rocked! Great ending...

Just over a year ago, while I wasn't playing in a band, I got the itch really bad...I had all the gear available to do what I wanted...so I just started jamming over a clicktrack and assembled the songs...I'd literally write as I'd record.

Here's a vid similar to yours, showing the recording process of one of the tune sand some funny stuff from the past year here...oh yeah, you might recognize the guitar! (SZ320)

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

A couple more I did-

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6509428 "On This Day"

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6395300 "Over Again"

• Members

That's got a real down home charm, Andrew, but I finally had to cover my eyes when we got to the self-administered wedgie! :D

I caught (OP) Fernando's fine video performance earlier today in another forum. A really nice job, overall, I think. ;)

• Members

That's got a real down home charm, Andrew, but I finally had to cover my eyes when we got to the self-administered wedgie
!
:D

I caught (OP) Fernando's fine video performance earlier today in another forum. A really nice job, overall, I think.
;)

Hahah....that's my best bud of 15+ years after one too many rum and cokes....

That's actually his alter-ego....once he has a certain amount, you can be damn sure the gym shorts are goin on....

• Members

Hey, that's a fair question. I've been playing guitar for twelve years, drums for three or four, singing for almost two years now. I took Piano 101 in college where I learned the basics but rarely practice.

Am I good at any of them? I use to master the guitar but I quit practicing like I use to about five years ago. I think I'm equally 'decent' across the board now.

I think anyone can sing and play every instrument as long as they keep up to a schedule. In fact, that's my goal with doing this, to inspire other to do the same.

I try to sing and play guitar while writing lyrics everyday for an hour and play drums for another. If you can play guitar, you can play bass. Recording and mixing, however, can be challenging but that's why I started my website. I'd like to provide people with tools so they don't have to go through grueling endless hours of research like I did.

• Members

hey, i wasn't trying to be an ass. i asked that question before i noticed any clips. no offense intended. I always ask that to people who claim to play 14 instruments. u can't master all of them :poke:

music was good. reminded me of tool except it was really straight :poke:

-freetime

Archived