Smoked beer? Anyone?

Brother Mango

• Members

I expect a report. I am going to keep it positive, I think it will taste awesome.

I'll give a report tomorrow. I would have tried it tonight but I'd already had a Rocky's Revenge. 1 beer a night is plenty.

20728.jpg

It was fair. The bourbon-barrel aging was present but only a hint ... enough to be interesting but not enough to thrill me. At $2/bottle ... it's drinkable. Also, this is an ale. I really prefer stouts. Big black heavy stouts!

• Members

I coulda swore you told me that you were a Christian.

PS. Ix-nay the omoerotic-hay. Read your Bible and have a beer with Jesus.

:lol:

I'm a pretty devout agnostic. Sorry to disappoint. :lol:

Which means I'm open for some hot man lovin!! :love:

• Members

Smoked beers have a portion of the barley in the mash dried/smoked over peat, alder, beech, or applewood. If there's too much then yeah... BBQ in a bottle. If there's just a touch it can really impart an awesome flavor on the beer. Many Scotch ales are made with a bit of peat and Sam Adams makes a Scotch Ale that is a wonderful example of good use of peat. :thu:

• Members

smoke ales are a bit like White Caste, you love'em or you hate'em. There's not middle ground. Be bold sir!

Lastly, what's this talk of "one beer a night is enough", I find that more offensive then all this hot man love talk going on!

Archived