So I'm going for the warwick. hows the price?

ledyard

• Members

There's a guy selling one on the Baltimore Craigslist for $400. I prob wouldn't put down more than $500 unless it had a wenge neck. That was the cheapest German Warwick they made. A quick check of eBay shows that the last Streamer STD that sold was a 5'r in nice shape, and it went for $405.

I love Warwicks, but you're paying a little much at $525.

• Members

Yeah its a ovenkol neck, wenge board, bubinga body as far as I know. He said he was going to add the $525 B.I.N. , suprise suprise, :rolleyes: He hasnt done it. Piss on him...I will just bid on it at $450 and pay his $17 shipping instead of the $525 I offered him. Or maybe I wont even bid. His piss poor communication doesnt make me all warm and fuzzy.

• Members

There's a couple Warwicks on TB's classifieds for around $625 or so. A little higher than your current possible one, but worth a look.

I actually joined there today specifically to look in the classifieds. All I saw was a really nice 4 string thumb bolt on for $950. Which id my G&L was sold I would take in a second. I am gassing really hard for a thumb:love::love: . But they are alot more expensive than Corvettes and Streamers.

• Members

Whats a good price for a mint or near mint corvette STD?

depends on the year. I'd say $600-1100 from 1999-present. $700-900 for 95-98 (wenge necks).

Look for corvette FNA's ad Prolines. They dont get as much press but are awesome basses. I got my FNA 5'r for $460 a few years ago. still my #1 bass..

• Members

opinions on the corvette? where does it rate on the scale of the "warwick growl"? (J pups)

It's decent. Compared to my Streamer, I'd say the Corvette has more of that trademark growl, where my other one is a little more subdued. I used my Corvette for years in various rock bands and always got compliments on the tone.

• Members

I sold a Streamer standard 4 for $700 4-5 months ago, so that it a pretty good price!

If he doesn't lower the B.I.N., PM me, I have a couple streamer standards, a five and a four.

I personally think the streamer body shape is one of the most comfortable I have played!

Just my $ 0.02

:) GOOD LUCK BRO!

Archived