Bassius

sub5ound

• Members

Not sure if your'e an expert on this, but how would I record direct to my laptop at a minimal expense? I don't own an interface or anything. I have tried it through a headphone amp's direct out ant that seemed to work but the output was way low. Also, how would I convert that to MP3 so I could post it? Do I need some kind of host site?

• Members

Not sure if your'e an expert on this, but how would I record direct to my laptop at a minimal expense? I don't own an interface or anything. I have tried it through a headphone amp's direct out ant that seemed to work but the output was way low. Also, how would I convert that to MP3 so I could post it? Do I need some kind of host site?

I used the mic or line input on the computer. Mono quarter-inch-to-mini adapter and I used audacity for a long time.

It worked great. In fact, my 3 views of a secret and "life force" pieces were recorded this way.

The only thing that was difficult was getting the input levels correct.

Now i have a presonus firebox and cubase sx3

try out audacity and just plug your bass right in (with pedals etc too)

edit: BPP's solution looks good too :)

• Members

I just recently started recording with audacity, and yes it's kind of tricky getting the inputs levels perfect. For a free, simple, functional program, it works great though. Mostly just using it to remember licks, or to write layers.

I usually just mic my amp when I record, instead of going direct. I don't have anything "mastered" or I'd post some clips.

Archived