NGD (New Glock Day)

bassthumpintwin

• Members

Haven't had any good gun threads in a while, so I figured I'd chime in...

This is actually a little bit late, as I really got it last week, but I went to a local gun show and decided to trade in my Sig Sauer P250 for a Glock 19.

Glock-19.jpg

The Sig was a great gun and all, but I just wanted something without such a long trigger pull. I figured the Glock was a good compromise. I really wanted a Sig P226, but the price difference was just too much between what I got for my P250 and what the Glock cost.

Went ahead and picked up a Blackhawk Serpa Sportster holster to go with it, as well as an extended slide lock lever and a plug for the handle.

Haven't had a chance to break it in at the range yet unfortunately, but maybe I'll try to head out to one this weekend.

Who else is rockin' the Glock?

• Members

Awesome. Great gun, but I felt it had too big of a grip for me to use comfortably. I went with an HK USP compac and love the {censored} out of it. The Glock is a great weapon though.

I believe the Glock 19 is considered to be a compact frame design (as was the Sig P250 that I sold), although I think it is just a TOUCH bigger in the grip.

I feel like both guns fit my hand quite well however. I also really like the Springfield XD (and XDm) series of handguns and considered one of those as well. I may end up getting one of those in the future. They are also a very comfortable gun in my hand, and from what I hear/read, often prefered to the Glock grip that some people seem to find a little too "blocky".

I don't seem to have any problems with any of the above though.

• Members

Although I'm not a huge fan of the tactical tupperware, I recognize the G19 as being one of the better wondernines - congrats on getting a very good pistol... I'd also like a G20 one of these days...

- georgestrings

I hear ya. I'm definitely not one of those guys who thinks Glock is the "perfect" gun, or the end all be all handgun. I think that there are a myriad of handguns on the market these days that are just as good, or even better than the Glock.

But, like you said, the Glock is a good gun, and it also benefits from having a lot of quality accessories readily available for it.

I will say, if the prices were the same, I may have prefered a Sig P226. Eitherway, I'm very satisfied with my newer acquisition. :thu:

• Members

I hear ya. I'm definitely not one of those guys who thinks Glock is the "perfect" gun, or the end all be all handgun. I think that there are a myriad of handguns on the market these days that are just as good, or even better than the Glock.

But, like you said, the Glock is a good gun, and it also benefits from having a lot of quality accessories readily available for it.

I will say, if the prices were the same, I may have prefered a Sig P226. Eitherway, I'm very satisfied with my newer acquisition.
:thu:

Yeah, the Sig 226 is definitely right up there, along with the Browning High Power as the creme of the crop... Although I'm a huge fan of the 1911 - I have a '63 Colt National Match - I prefer the CZ-75B over the Browning HP because of it's SA/DA capabilities and it's more robust construction...

- georgestrings

• Members

Yeah, the Sig 226 is definitely right up there, along with the Browning High Power as the creme of the crop... Although I'm a huge fan of the 1911 - I have a '63 Colt National Match - I prefer the CZ-75B over the Browning HP because of it's SA/DA capabilities and it's more robust construction...

- georgestrings

I definitely like SA/DA handguns, and one day I hope to own a 1911 design as well. I haven't quite decided which one to put on my "wishlist" though. It will most likely just be used as an occasional plinker, so I don't really want to spend 1k+ on a really nice one.

I was looking at the lower end Springfields at the same gunshow.

I'm also not sure if I want to go with the more traditional .45 round, or something a little cheaper.

• Members

WOOHOO!!! Congratulations on your new GLOCK. I have four of them, all 3rd generation. I have two G17s, one I bought brand new with my LEO discount, and another I bought used that has night sights and an extended slide release. I also have a G21 and a G27. I really prefer the full size GLOCKS, so I'm probably going to sell or trade my G27 for a G22. That way I'll have a full-sized camp with 9mm, .40S&W, and .45ACP. I've thought about other calibers like 10mm, .357SIG and .45GAP, but I'm more than happy with the common ones.

• Members

WOOHOO!!! Congratulations on your new GLOCK. I have four of them, all 3rd generation. I have two G17s, one I bought brand new with my LEO discount, and another I bought used that has night sights and an extended slide release. I also have a G21 and a G27. I really prefer the full size GLOCKS, so I'm probably going to sell or trade my G27 for a G22. That way I'll have a full-sized camp with 9mm, .40S&W, and .45ACP. I've thought about other calibers like 10mm, .357SIG and .45GAP, but I'm more than happy with the common ones.

If I save a little more cash and get my CCW, I'll probably pick up a G26 one of these days. That, or a Springfield XD SC.

Archived