Traded my SX Jazz 5 for a Presonus TubePre and a Sansamp Programmable BDDI

Crescent Seven

• Members

I feel pretty good about the trade. If it weren't for the Badass bridge I put on the thing, it would have been {censored}in' robbery.:D

I like the programmable BDDI WAY more than I liked the original I used to have. It's just more useful, I have it set for fuzz, clean boost, and a slap-presence setting. Pretty sweet unit.

The Presonus is also badass, but I figure I'll use that more for vocals and recording. It's sort of redundant with the 1001rbII and my compressor, though it might be useful if it sounds good in the effects loop with the compressor. Haven't tried it that way yet. When it tried it purely as a pre with the GK, the GK's preamp sounded better, but there's no EQ on the Presonus. In-line, it boosts the {censored} out of the signal.:D

I had wanted to sell the bass, but the only response I got to the CL ad was the trade offer, so I went for it. I hadn't played that bass in a fat minute, and it was my heaviest bass by a couple of pounds. The guy really liked it, and it was a decent sounding bass.

C7

• Members

Sounds like you robbed the guy. Sweet.

He offered the trade, so I can't feel guilty about it. He was also a fantastic bassist, so he knew what he was doing. He wanted a 5 string and he wasn't using the two units he traded off, so it's all good.

The fuzz with the BDDI is decent, not something I'll use a whole lot, but cool nonetheless. I still have the modded Blues Driver, but I didn't do a heads up comparison between them. The clean boost is what I like the most about it. As for the preamp, I'm going to try running it between the FX send and the compressor, and see what happens. It's not toneful enough to use in place of the GK's pre, but it does a nice job of further boosting the signal. If it's not useful for bass, it will be useful for something else.

C7

Archived