Anyone here do professional editing?

Dark Slide

• Members

I have a short story that's been in the process of revision and it's at a point where I'm being told by my writing instructors to start looking for a publisher. It's 2,235 words, cosmic horror and in the flavor of Lovecraft, Lord Dunsany, etc.

I'm kind of feeling like it's worth looking at this point. I'm pretty happy with the story and the writing. I'd like to get some no-bull{censored} feedback from a professional editor before I do, however, and this place seems to have a professional everything else, so I figured I'd ask.

• Members

I'm far from a Professional anything, but I do a fair bit of proofing around here and write/edit most of our copy, so I must be good for something. :idk:

I was also playing a Lovecraft-based board game last night and a friend is a writer for Call of Chthulu if that matters. :idk:

• Members

Thanks, Ren. I appreciate the offer. I'm looking for a bit more than proofing at this point. It's been through the ringer a couple of times and while you're certainly welcome to read it (you may even find some proofing errors that have slipped through) I'm hoping to get a bit further with it at this point.

I would like to hear about the Lovecraft board game. Sounds awesome!

• Members

Here's the game I was talking about:

va09_bignew.jpg

It's really fun, we've played it twice now and are really into it. I'd be down with reading the story if you'd let me, I may be of some help, may not. Hard to say really.

I'm totally going to check that game out. Thanks, Ren. I'll send a PM.

• Members

I'm totally going to check that game out. Thanks, Ren. I'll send a PM.

It also has all kinds of expansion packs for it.

Be warned, you need a large surface area for it. There's tons of cards, chits and such for it. It's basically a minor RPG on a board. Tres fun. We have a weekly gaming group with some friends and are really into these crazy German board games and such and it's been one of the better games we've played in some time now I'd say.

Archived