looking to get some new cabs

0175westwood29

• Members

hey guys!

i have a aguliar db750 going thru a 610hlf.

i love this rig! and dnt want to change the cab.

but ive been offered a place in another band, and im think of getting a different cab setup for this gig.

maybe a couple of 15's? so i can get a much different sound to my 610? or maybe a couple of 212's?

and if im being honest for some of the bigger gigs my first band are going for it might be cool to have them all going thru my 750! or using them for my dirty rig when i finally get round to it!.

im a ampeg cab lover! but the 15's only seem to take 200w! and weight a bit!

theres the aguilar 115 and 212 which are about the same weight as the peg, but take 400w and 600w. although ive not played aguilar cabs? how do they sound?

i know mesa do a nice 15 but thats a bit to much money!

what would you guys go for?

Andy

• Members

Kinda depends on what tone you're after and how much you're looking to spend.

opps! forgot to put that in!

well this new bands going for a sort of black sabbath/ heaven and sort of sound? so im thinking a couple of 15's could sound nice?

i'd go with the ampeg straight of as ive loved all of there cabs that ive played thru, but with there 15 only taking 200w im affraid my db750 would just kill a pair of them!

price wise, im not really wanting to go into the 700's? but i know thats a big ask for 2 cabs!

andy

• Members

opps! forgot to put that in!

well this new bands going for a sort of black sabbath/ heaven and sort of sound? so im thinking a couple of 15's could sound nice?

i'd go with the ampeg straight of as ive loved all of there cabs that ive played thru, but with there 15 only taking 200w im affraid my db750 would just kill a pair of them!

price wise, im not really wanting to go into the 700's? but i know thats a big ask for 2 cabs!

andy

Black Sabbath and Heaven and Hell have some important differences. If it's Sabbath, fuzz and doom is the key and the 2x15 will probably do you right. If it's Heaven and Hell, I would go with a 1x15 and 2x10/2x12 to get some clarity on top of the fuzz.

I'm super happy with my Avatars, but they don't make the same 1x15 I have anymore.

• Members

Black Sabbath and Heaven and Hell have some important differences. If it's Sabbath, fuzz and doom is the key and the 2x15 will probably do you right. If it's Heaven and Hell, I would go with a 1x15 and 2x10/2x12 to get some clarity on top of the fuzz.

I'm super happy with my Avatars, but they don't make the same 1x15 I have anymore.

yeh i know! the guitarist wants to do a range between them.

yeh that might work.

what do people suggest brand wise? cant get avatar in the uk

andy

Archived