Had our first recording session yesterday

B-Bottom

• Members

It went really well. It was a little strange at first listening to everyone else through headphones but it didn't take long to get used to. We basically recorded everything live and then went back and fixed any mistakes that we made.

We ended up running my V-4 into a sansamp instead of a cab. And even though stuff hasn't been mastered yet it still sounds epic.

We are heading back next Saturday so that I can do all of the vocal tracks and the guitar player can add little things here and there.

Overall it was a pretty badass experience

• Members

We rehearse in "The Cave", which is sound-proofed and ready to record at all times. We have the drummer live in the room, bass is direct, guitar amps are in another room miked up. We rehears and record with headphones. I love it. Never a night that is too loud. It's similar to using IEM's.

I've even been using my Skull Candy Ink'd buds ($17) and they sound great! Just won a pair of Shure SE115's at CES, so they are my new main pair....

• Members

I'm confused by the V4 into the sansamp. Glad the recordings came out well!

I let the studio guy set the thing up because I know jack about the stuff.

The speaker jack from the V4 was running into the sans amp. Then their was a DI box that was hooked into the front of the amp and effects. My bass was also running into the DI

Again i don't really understand that stuff but it sounded pretty mean. I'm pretty pumped to hear the mastered stuff

• Members

I wouldn't let him run your amp without a speaker load. That's a dangerous path.

+1. That's a REALLY good way to fry your OT. There's a few speaker load simulators that are supposed to work pretty decently, but that's just begging for the magic smoke to be let out.

• Members

I could be totally wrong about how he did it, to be honest I was concentrating on a bunch of other things. The dude has been doing this stuff for a bunch of years so I'm sure he did it the correct way.

Here are a few pics from yesterday

25332_109058949111654_100000226473236_24

25332_109059109111638_100000226473236_24

25332_109059089111640_100000226473236_24

25332_109059105778305_100000226473236_24

• Members

i heard your stuff and i quite liked it, even at these rough stages
:thu:

will you post the finished versions?

thanks man I appreciate that.

Yea we'll throw it up on our myspace page. We'll also either sell a hard copy of the EP pretty cheap or give them away at shows, that hasn't really been decided on yet.

• Members

That's a manly looking drumkit.

that's just the one that he used for recording, normally he plays with this

l_a9be37cabdb540e88cf340ed8ada16ec.jpg

He is really into Vistalites. He has 4 kits, the two shown, a clear and a blue vistalite kit.

They are by far the loudest drums that I have ever heard in my life. Plus they are super awesome looking. But apparently they sound like {censored} when you try to record with them so he didn't use them

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well we went back on Saturday and I laid down all of the vocal tracks. I think that it turned out pretty well. The guitar player also changed a few things here and there.

The songs still need a final mixing and mastering, but we do have the rough versions up on our myspace page. Check them out and let me know what you think....unless you think that they suck of course

Archived