Paging Renfield and others with Model Ones...

Super_Donut_Man

• Members

For the model one pickup, was there any specific location you put yours or did you just butt it up against the neck?

I am planning on assembling a Warmoth or Saga kit (or whatever you call it) in the near future. Planning on a P with a Model one. I couldn't really find any info on this though.

• Members

Butted tight against the neck, get it as close to the nut as possible.

Think of the effect your right fingers have based on where you place them in relation to the neck/bridge. Thicker heavier tones come from playing over the neck, so so should your Model One be.

Be careful if using a PG though as you may lose one of your screw-down points to the over-sized pup. I actually had to create a dummy screwhead to fill the one on the bottom (g string) side, closest to the neck. It's glued in place to fill the hole which is now empty as there was a clash in real estate.

Why I went through all that trouble to make it look cleaner by having all of it's PG screws on a bass that looks like it does already, I'll never know. :lol:

Funnier still. Two days later I put the sticker on it and hid the whole thing anyway. :facepalm::lol:

5570_248253745415_532755415_8243652_6273

• Members

I was thinkin put it through a tone pot just for some extra tone options, but I am pretty much getting it for the mud

Try it with and without. I did and liked it better with. Billy's had a switch for the tone cap on his older ones, I think the current ones have it wired in FT.

Archived