Need help---sound card adapter

chubrocker

• Members

OK, I recently picked up a gaming computer that I'm going to use for recording. I've been using a Yamaha MW-10 USB mixer to record. But, this computer has a sound card with TDIF plug-ins. What is the adapter called that has 1/4" female ends to TDIF end??? I've tried to search on Sweetwater and MF, but can't figure out what the actual term is. called for these adapters. ????

Plugs like on this sound card: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/0404PCIe/

• Members

Well, I guess I'm using the wrong terms. What are the adapters with the 1/4" female plugs to the sound card called? I'm attempting to record direct into the sound card. I'm curious more than anything. I'm presuming this would provide no latency as compared to using the USB mixer?? I've only ever recorded via my Yamaha USB mixer.

• Members

Well, I guess I'm using the wrong terms. What are the adapters with the 1/4" female plugs to the sound card called? I'm attempting to record direct into the sound card. I'm curious more than anything. I'm presuming this would provide no latency as compared to using the USB mixer?? I've only ever recorded via my Yamaha USB mixer.

Not necessarily. I believe the Yamaha can be used as your primary sound device. If this is the case, you'll just need to set it up like that and bypass your soundcard. If it can't be used as a primary sound device then yeah... You'll get around latency if you go direct into your card (provided it's an instrument/analog 1/4" in and it says there are two of them so it looks like you're good)!

• Members

you may get lower latency going straight over usb due to there being one less conversion (depending on how the signal flow in your mixer is laid out).

is the term you're looking for dongle?

Archived