More craigslist tomfoolery (non-instrument content ahead!)

ec437

• Members

Eh, you never know until you put a feeler out there like that, man. I've lowballed some stuff and gotten it when I never expected I would.

I guess.

But the thing is, absolutely no one will have a D300 unless they know exactly what it is. It's not an old camera and generally not bought by amateurs. Maybe if someone bought a D300 since it was brand-new in 2008, died suddenly, and didn't have time to will the camera to someone that wasn't clueless...

I suspect it's a 14 year old that was reading about cameras on the internets and decided he wanted one, without looking at prices, and thought $500 was a lot of money :lol:

• Members

I guess.

But the thing is, absolutely
no one
will have a D300 unless they know exactly what it is. It's
not
an old camera and generally not bought by amateurs. I suspect it's a 14 year old that was reading about cameras on the internets and decided he wanted one, without looking at prices, and thought $500 was a lot of money
:lol:

I got my L-2000 from a guitar store, brand new, for 750 bucks, 'cuz the owner didn't know what it was. He had bought the store and found it in the back room from back when they had a sponsorship. You never know man.

• Members

I got my L-2000 from a guitar store, brand new, for 750 bucks, 'cuz the owner didn't know what it was. He had bought the store and found it in the back room from back when they had a sponsorship. You never know man.

I suppose.

But again, there are 2 pro camera brands. Canon and Nikon. Anyone in the camera world knows this. Also, big, shiny digital cameras are generally overvalued by the clueless, rather than undervalued.

In any case, the D300 was Nikon's top small-body DSLR until late last year. :lol:

But, whatever. I'm amused.

• Members

I suppose.

But again, there are 2 pro camera brands. Canon and Nikon. Anyone in the camera world knows this. Also, big, shiny digital cameras are generally overvalued by the clueless, rather than undervalued.

In any case, the D300 was Nikon's top small-body DSLR until late last year.
:lol:

But, whatever. I'm amused.

No, it's pretty funny. I see those kinda things all the time. 'WTB: Ampeg SVT, 500 bucks'.

But you never know until you try.

• Members

...there are 2 pro camera brands. Canon and Nikon. Anyone in the camera world knows this...

Uh, excuse me...

Leica.

hasselblad.

Minolta, at least in the 70's and 80's- XD's were the shiz, and are still quite respected.

There are no doubt more, that's all that come quickly to mind.

• Members

Uh, excuse me...

Leica.

hasselblad.

Minolta, at least in the 70's and 80's- XD's were the shiz, and are still quite respected.

There are no doubt more, that's all that come quickly to mind.

:facepalm::lol:

You know what I mean. For field use DSLR's, there is practically no one at the pro level shooting anything except Canon and Nikon. There are barely even any other options, maybe just Sony and Pentax.

Don't get me wrong, I own and shoot plenty of medium format and other film stuff (I just sold off a whole kit of Minolta XD-700 gear), but if you're out hauling Mamiya, Hasselblad, Phase One, Rollei, Sinar, whatever, medium format digital stuff into the field, you're insane.

• Members

No, it's pretty funny. I see those kinda things all the time. 'WTB: Ampeg SVT, 500 bucks'.

But you never know until you try.

I had a buddy looking for a car one time, responded to an ad that said 68 pontiac 2000.00. It turned out being a 68 firebird 428 4 speed. The guy had 7 or 8 cars sitting in the drive and momma was making him get rid of them. The only thing wrong with the bird was the interior pieces were in boxes and had to be reinstalled.

• Members

I had a buddy looking for a car one time, responded to an ad that said 68 pontiac 2000.00. It turned out being a 68 firebird 428 4 speed. The guy had 7 or 8 cars sitting in the drive and momma was making him get rid of them. The only thing wrong with the bird was the interior pieces were in boxes and had to be reinstalled.

Yeah, exactly. You never know when circumstances are going to lead to you getting a crazy style deal.

Archived