Oh Canada? I though this game was taking place in USA?(another hockey thread)

jonathan_matos5

• Members

so i went to the Dallas Stars VS. Ottawa Senators game, and before the game started they sang the National Anthems of both countries.:confused:

why?:confused:

I know probably out of respect for our visiting neighbors to the north. But seriously, cannot both teams just suck it up and listen to the Anthem of the country they are in?:confused:

by the way both teams put on a great game:thu:

• Members

So, first time you've ever been to a hockey game, is it? :D

Standard practice to play both national anthems when teams from two nations are playing. Works the same way on their side of the border too.

Not sure why it's an issue actually, we all know you weren't going to do anything productive with that extra two minutes of your life...:p

• Members

So, first time you've ever been to a hockey game, is it?
:D

Standard practice to play both national anthems when teams from two nations are playing. Works the same way on their side of the border too.

Not sure why it's an issue actually, we all know you weren't going to do anything productive with that extra two minutes of your life...
:p

exactly. isnt that when you are supposed to chug a $15 beer anyways?

• Members

So, first time you've ever been to a hockey game, is it?
:D

Not sure why it's an issue actually, we all know you weren't going to do anything productive with that extra two minutes of your life...
:p

first time a Canadian team was involved. :blah:

baseball didn't play oh Canada :poke:

what do you know. it could happen. i have been productive before. a long time ago.

• Members

first time a Canadian team was involved.
:blah:

baseball didn't play oh Canada :poke:

They would (should) have it the game featured a Canadian team. I remember well the "accidental" upside down flag flying during the Jay's run to win their second (first) title.

Archived