UFC 111... What do you think?

zachoff

• Members

GSP (pwnage) RIGHT

Mir (sub, 1st round) WRONGITYWRONG

Pellegrino (no idea) RIGHT

Fitch (by decision) RIGHT

Miller (not sure) RIGHT (although it was a robbery, Bocek whoooped his ass)

Diaz (pwnage) (RIGHT)

Wow, Carwin destroyed Mir. I didn't see that coming.

I also agree on the Miller fight - that was a bad decision.

GSP pwning Hardy was expected, but man Hardy withstood two arm-wrenching (literally) submission attempts.

Was it just me, or was there some bad officiating tonight? There were some inexcusable stand-ups in both the Fitch and Carwin/Mir fights.

• Members

I hope not. Colorado FTW!

I was reading all the comments on the UFC Facebook account, and gd there are some retarded fans out there. :lol: No wonder "UFC Fan" gets the rap they do.

You give people like Brock respect because he freaking earns it. Besides the time he got caught by Mir the first time he hasn't had a fight that's been remotely close. Just ask Randy, haha. The second Mir fight was just embarassing. Head floppin' around like a dead fish. I have no idea why some ppl think it's all by chance or luck.

• Members

I think it will be a great match. Brock's stand-up is pretty poor, so there's a good chance Carwin could get a KO or TKO if he gets a shot in. If it goes to the ground, I think Brock has an edge. Hopefully they don't get a crappy referee like Dan Miragliotta - that guy sucked so hard last night, I bet Dana White is going to call him out on it in an upcoming press conference. Not everyone can be Herb Dean, but come on.

• Members

I think it will be a great match. Brock's stand-up is pretty poor, so there's a good chance Carwin could get a KO or TKO if he gets a shot in. If it goes to the ground, I think Brock has an edge. Hopefully they don't get a crappy referee like Dan Miragliotta - that guy sucked so hard last night, I bet Dana White is going to call him out on it in an upcoming press conference. Not everyone can be Herb Dean, but come on.

Yeah I heard the reffing was pretty poor the whole night over. It sucks b/c yes I know that {censored} is subjective, but c'mon- at this level you should know when it's too early to call the fight.

I think Brock will take him to the ground when he gets a chance. His takedowns are damn near impossible to block or evade he's so quick, and then you've got 285lbs of muscle just crushing you while being pulverized by those hands and elbows. I did see a replay of that hit Carwin got on Mir, so I think Brock will be smart and try and not lock up on the fence if at all possible.

• Members

Yeah I heard the reffing was pretty poor the whole night over. It sucks b/c yes I know that {censored} is subjective, but c'mon- at this level you should know when it's too early to call the fight.

I think Brock will take him to the ground when he gets a chance. His takedowns are damn near impossible to block or evade he's so quick, and then you've got 285lbs of muscle just crushing you while being pulverized by those hands and elbows. I did see a replay of that hit Carwin got on Mir, so I think Brock will be smart and try and not lock up on the fence if at all possible.

Carwin was a DII national champ in wrestling & is also 285lbs of muscle. If Carwin can block Brock's takedowns and keep it standing up, Brock has no chance.

• Members

Carwin was a DII national champ in wrestling & is also 285lbs of muscle. If Carwin can block Brock's takedowns and keep it standing up, Brock has no chance.

Yeah, I think that's what everyone has said thus far- and by everyone, I mean every fighter he's since pummeled into oblivion... ;):lol:

It will be a good fight though. I'll be interested to see what kind of hits Brock can take, since he never really has before. I think those years of being cracked in the skull with a table, 2x4, and steel chair are gonna come in handy. :thu:

• Members

Yeah, I think that's what everyone has said thus far- and by everyone, I mean every fighter he's since pummeled into oblivion...
;):lol:

Kinda. A lot of the second Mir fight was against the cage & most of the Couture fight was against the cage. Seems Lesnar won't have the advantage if that's the case w/ Carwin. :idk: I'm looking forward to it though. Hopefully Lesnar won't bitch out a third time :poke:

• Members

Kinda. A lot of the second Mir fight was against the cage & most of the Couture fight was against the cage. Seems Lesnar won't have the advantage if that's the case w/ Carwin.
:idk:
I'm looking forward to it though. Hopefully Lesnar won't bitch out a third time :poke:

Bitch out? Dude's lucky to be alive... C'mon man, you're better than that- or at least I thought you were. :poke:

Carwin is pretty much the only legit threat to Brock in the HW division. He's not like Mir who had to kill himself to put on all that muscle and weight to try and compete. He, like Brock is just that effin' big.

This series may go 3 fights, if Brock loses the title in their first matchup. Would be great for the HW division.

• Members

Yeah, that was dickish. My bad.

Personally I'm glad he's taking the time off. I think he wants to eliminate any hint of excuse or "I wasn't ready" when he fights next and if that ends in a loss. I gotta prop him for that. He has no reason to rush back in and you know Dana is letting him get back to whatever form he needs to compete.

• Members

Agreed. Brock is quicker than Carwin, although we haven't seen Carwin's takedown defense yet. Besides, who knows what kind of fighter Brock will be after a year off and a near-life ending illness? Carwin also had near-knockout power with dirty boxing, which is downright scary at that range.

The reffing was beyond bad on Saturday. Take a look at the Mir/Carwin bout and see two major mistakes: 1. A break initiated even though Carwin was still working Mir against the cage 2. A very late fight stoppage, possibly injuring Mir.

http://video.mmator.com/2010/03/carwin-vs-mir-ufc-111.html

This isn't the first time Mirgaliotta's been accused of bad decisions. He did the Fitch fight on Saturday and stood them up, despite the fact that Fitch was still on top and landing strikes. Mirgaliotta sucks, period.

• Members

Carwin's a beast. 6'5, 265 pounds of hammerfisted wrestling muscle.

He's 6'2, not 6'5, but yes, he is a beast. He's going to crush Lesnar. BJJ + wrestling + devastating punching power = heavyweight champ. He's probably stronger than Lesnar too. His max bench is 550 lbs. Brock's is sub 500 by all accounts.

• Members

He's 6'2, not 6'5, but yes, he is a beast. He's going to crush Lesnar. BJJ + wrestling + devastating punching power = heavyweight champ. He's probably stronger than Lesnar too. His max bench is 550 lbs. Brock's is sub 500 by all accounts.

He might be able to bench more, but that doesn't account for full body strength or the ability to use it in the octagon. I think Brock will be able to take him down, but (as others have said) if Carwin gets the chance to tag Lesnar with a clean shot, it's over.

Take the Gonzaga fight for instance. Gonzaga was able to drill Carwin with two punches and get the takedown. As soon as they got back to their feet, a single blow (and not even a full power blow) from Carwin put Gonzaga's lights out. If Gabrel Gonzaga can take Carwin down, so can Lesnar, but the wild card of his punching power could mean the bout at any time.

http://mmahits.com/fight-video/mma-video/shane-carwin-vs-gabriel-gonzaga-fight-video/

• Members

Tale of the Tape on fight night said Carwin was 6'5. I thought it sound too high though. All 3 of us thought it was too high.

:idea:

Tale of the Tape is bull{censored}. Carwin has said he's 6'2 many times, most recently while talking to Mike Goldberg in a pre-fight interview in NYC. Have a look at GSP standing next to him about 7:20 in this vid:

RL1XZzQoDGQ

Archived