Anyone else receive a survey call from Evil-bay?

chubrocker

• Members

For the last two days, I kept getting a call from Utah on my cell phone. I finally took the call and it was a lady stating she was doing a survey for Ebay. UGH!!! I agreed to take the 5-minute phone survey. The questions were all based upon their newest policies and how it affected my willingness to sell items.

But, at the end, she wanted to send me more information about some new seller protection services via email. She asked for my email. I told her "if you know my cell number, then you have my username. If you have my username, then you have my email." I declined to give my email. She thanked me and we ended the call.

It was all just...odd. It didn't feel like a scam, but it was just an odd call. If legit, then it came across that Ebay is not having a lot of sellers lately.

• Members

Something like a year ago, I received a call checking into a dispute. And they took care of my problem by phone, floored me! A couple weeks later, they called to ask if I was pleased with the resolution of the issue. A second call, again floored me! That's it, though, never a survey.

I HAVE received surveys from them by email on a number of occasions over the years.

Archived