Musicman Thread

Thunderbroom

• Members

Some of you might recognize these...:wave:

P1010226.jpg

I had the Ice Blue Bongo for a short time at the beginning of the year, but I realized it wasn't going to get any playing time against the Big Al.

P1010109.jpg

Of course there is always the Big Al by itself.

3802129693_58e25f19a0_b.jpg

But it's going to end up with a partner come Tuesday...(not actual bass, but same options)

8652d1278541330-official-show-your-class

Course if I was really bored, I'd post pics of all the ones I ever owned, but then I would feel silly.

• Members

Anybody try the new affordable Sterling line like the RAY34 or the SB14? I remember the previous affordable line of MM basses played real nice and had a good rockin tone, but I haven't tried the latest line. They're around 6 to 7 hundred bucks.

• Members

Anybody try the new affordable Sterling line like the RAY34 or the SB14? I remember the previous affordable line of MM basses played real nice and had a good rockin tone, but I haven't tried the latest line. They're around 6 to 7 hundred bucks.

Yes, I've tried both (Guitar Center, not gig or practice). I found them to be excellent basses for the money. The hardware seemed a bit cheap feeling to me, but they played and sounded great. Thing is, you can get deals on used USA models right now if you're patient. I thought about getting a Ray34, but found the exact Stingray I wanted for only a little more coin. Used, however, I think the Sterling by MM models would be a steal.

Archived