Ampeg Ba115HP vs Yorkville XM200 ?

Iloverush

• Members

Hi guys, I need your opinion. Suppose you buy a Geddy Lee Signature Jazz bass in the next few days and you want a good amp that would help this bass sounds his best, which one for $300 would you take? The Ampeg BA115 HP 220W or a Yorkville XM200 200w? I have a Sansamp bass driver DI to help, trying to emulate Geddy's tone. I know Yorkville is a safe bet, but I never tried a Ampeg amp before and I'm curious about it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Richard

• Members

My BA115HP crapped out on me litterally 3 weeks after the warranty. I've replaced it with a Marshall that puts the Ampeg to shame.

I've been curious about the Marshall's because not too many people own them. Tell us about it please.

:wave:

• Members

I've been curious about the Marshall's because not too many people own them. Tell us about it please.

:wave:

I have to look on here more often! I just ran across your post....

The Marshall MB B450H is the sweetest amp I've owned. It has two preamps that can be mixed and matched. I use both the tube pre and the solid state pre together blended. There's a foot switch to switch between channels and a place in the back for another pedal. It came w/two cords for the 300w and 450w.....450 at 2ohms and two speakers. I'm only using 300 watts through a Seismic double 15" and I can tell you it's loud and clean and awesome even w/those cheap speakers. It's aheavy amp at 37 lbs., but handy non the less.

People that have heard me play through this amp always ask about it.

Archived