Amazing jam last night

bassandgolf

• Members

There were only 100 of us there to enjoy Rick Braun, Sean Holt, Sergio Gonzalez, Jervonny Collier, Greg Dalton, Doug Bossi, Herman Jackson, Kenny Gradney, Alex Ligertwood, Paul Weimar, Ron King, Lenny Castro, Michael Bearden, and Louis Price in the dining room of our golf club.

It was an honor to be among these heavy hitters!

• Members

Neither have I.

Our loss, I'm sure.

Not necessarily all of them bass players, they could be some smoking golf players. Spill the beans, OP.

:D

OK, here we go...

Rick Braun - Grammy award winning trumpet player,

Sean Holt - Lopez band member- This Louisiana native has played with everyone from Kenny Loggins to Michael Bolton,

Sergio Gonzalez - drummer - JLo's band leader,

Jervonny Collier - Bass - Bruce Hornsby,

Greg Dalton - studio player,

Doug Bossi - Los Lobotomys (David Garfield, Chad Wackerman, Lenny Castro, and John Pena) ,

Herman Jackson keyboard - Quincy Jones, Aretha Franklin, Babyface, Frankie Beverly, Jessica Simpson, Rod Stewart and Dave Koz,

Kenny Gradney - bass - Little Feat,

Alex Ligertwood - vocals - Santana,

Paul Weimar - sax - nancy Wilson, Mel Torme, Temps, Tops,

Ron King - Grammy nominated trumpet,

Lenny Castro - percussion - the Rolling Stones, Sir Elton John, Al Jarreau, Eric Clapton, Boz Scaggs, Toto, Dolly Parton, Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder, David Sanborn, Little Feat, Kenny Loggins, Rickie Lee Jones, Dan Fogelberg, The Crusaders, Barbra Streisand, Simply Red, Quincy Jones, Randy Newman, Olivia Newton-John, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eric Burdon, Pat Benatar, Dwight Yoakam, Maroon 5, Lisa Marie Presley and Slash ,

Michael Bearden - George Lopez band Leader - Michael Jackson... the list goes on, and

Louis Price - former lead singer Temptations

• Members

Jesus, there were more people in the band than in the audience!!!
:eek:

...Sounds awesome:thu: I love the rare chances when you get to see world class talent in an intimate environment...Tell us more!

There are 40 musicians of this ilk that we let play golf free and in return they and their friends entertain us (and let some of us sit in!).

Other folks include Ready Freddie Washington (his jam will be in February), Jeffrey Osbourne, Phillip Bailey (EW&F) and many more.

Last night, they played 2 1-hour sets, the club put out hot appetizers, sushi and had a stir fry set up... all for $35 bucks a head!

• Members

There are 40 musicians of this ilk that we let play golf free and in return they and their friends entertain us (and let some of us sit in!).

Other folks include Ready Freddie Washington (his jam will be in February), Jeffrey Osbourne, Phillip Bailey (EW&F) and many more.

Last night, they played 2 1-hour sets, the club put out hot appetizers, sushi and had a stir fry set up... all for $35 bucks a head!

Wow, that's incredible...I'm a huge Freddy Washington fan, that one is going to be a blast (P.Baily too!) Hell $35 is nothing, I'd pay a lot more for an evening like that!

Did you get to sit in at all?

• Members

Wow, that's incredible...I'm a huge Freddy Washington fan, that one is going to be a blast (P.Baily too!) Hell $35 is nothing, I'd pay a lot more for an evening like that!

Did you get to sit in at all?

not last night, but I have in the past and hope to in the future

Harvey Mason was one of the folks that was kind enough to invite me to sit in

• Members

OK, here we go...

Rick Braun - Grammy award winning trumpet player,

Sean Holt - Lopez band member- This Louisiana native has played with everyone from Kenny Loggins to Michael Bolton,

Sergio Gonzalez - drummer - JLo's band leader,

Jervonny Collier - Bass - Bruce Hornsby,

Greg Dalton - studio player,

Doug Bossi - Los Lobotomys (David Garfield, Chad Wackerman, Lenny Castro, and John Pena) ,

Herman Jackson keyboard - Quincy Jones, Aretha Franklin, Babyface, Frankie Beverly, Jessica Simpson, Rod Stewart and Dave Koz,

Kenny Gradney - bass - Little Feat,

Alex Ligertwood - vocals - Santana,

Paul Weimar - sax - nancy Wilson, Mel Torme, Temps, Tops,

Ron King - Grammy nominated trumpet,

Lenny Castro - percussion - the Rolling Stones, Sir Elton John, Al Jarreau, Eric Clapton, Boz Scaggs, Toto, Dolly Parton, Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder, David Sanborn, Little Feat, Kenny Loggins, Rickie Lee Jones, Dan Fogelberg, The Crusaders, Barbra Streisand, Simply Red, Quincy Jones, Randy Newman, Olivia Newton-John, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eric Burdon, Pat Benatar, Dwight Yoakam, Maroon 5, Lisa Marie Presley and Slash ,

Michael Bearden - George Lopez band Leader - Michael Jackson... the list goes on, and

Louis Price - former lead singer Temptations

Wholly smokes...that IS impressive! :idea::eek:

Archived