Bass amp recommendations

satannica

• Members

Yeah yeah come on now lol! Actually the BC Rich was my old bass, it's a pretty nice sounding with the Bartolinis. In fact, it sounds better than my USA P-Bass for damn sure.

How about them Peavey TNTs? They don't look too bad for only half the money he's got. Seen some used for

• Members

I know it's a bit of a tight budget. It's only because he's going to be gigging soon, otherwise I'd be suggesting he waits and saves for a bigger budget.

I'm giving him a Boss ODB-3 to help him out, it's just amp he needs to get sorted on. Does the Peavey TNT have an external speaker jack? If so, if he picked up a cheap 15" cab, added to the Peavey TNT's existing 15" speaker, that could do the job? The TNT is about

• Members

I know it's a bit of a tight budget. It's only because he's going to be gigging soon, otherwise I'd be suggesting he waits and saves for a bigger budget.

I'm giving him a Boss ODB-3 to help him out, it's just amp he needs to get sorted on. Does the Peavey TNT have an external speaker jack? If so, if he picked up a cheap 15" cab, added to the Peavey TNT's existing 15" speaker, that could do the job? The TNT is about

• Members

You know, if it is just for the short term, until he can save enough for a larger amp, maybe you could just hook him up with a decent DI, and run him thru the PA till he gets his {censored} sorted.
:idk:

Hmmm...you know this isn't a bad idea (supposing he's playing at a place(s) with a decent house system)

• Members

We've had the conversation. Some of the places they have gigs lined up a DI will be fine. However, there are a couple of venues that he could come unstuck and would probably be better off having some reinforcement.

I reckon I'm going to tell him to have a look at a used Peavey TNT for now and he can work on something more serious later.

Archived