Please Vote: CMT Competition

Thunderbroom

• Members

The former co-lead singer of my cover band moved to Nashville to pursue music as a career. Before she moved, I played in her band doing her originals.

She recently competed in a singing competition for CMT to promote the new movie "Country Strong" starring Gweneth Paltrow. She won one (Chicago) of the 16 regional contests. The finalists videos are on the CMT website. The contest runs until 12/16, you do not have to register, and you may vote as often as you'd like (though that seems to mean once per day).

Here's the link.

Top row. Third person. Katie Quick.

Thanks!

For you Chicago folks, Katie will be in town for the holidays, and I'll be playing with her at the Goal Post Pub in Oak Lawn on 12/18 starting at 9pm.

• Members

done...i guess i have to do this daily, eh?

by the way, she's very good
:)

She is indeed very good. She also writes really good songs with great melodies. I think it's what may set her apart from some of the other folks in the competition (though songwriting skills don't play into it).

• Members

The guy that was here 4+ years and 20k+ posts before you.

:p

Gonna try to make it to Karl's in April?

:D

I'm really going to try, and I think that would be a great time. Right now I have zero time, but hopefully things will slow down after the holidays.

Archived