NBD

coyote-1

• Members

That was a good deal. How's it sound?

It sounded great thru a couple different amps. But not quite as great thru mine.

Which of course means it's soon time to upgrade my amp :) I have of course known that the Crate BX100 would eventually become a hindrance. That said, it has served well enough for nearly 7 years.

I checked out the Hartke Hydrive stuff and it's awesome. So I'll likely be moving, over the next many months, to a configuration of two combo amps: Hydrive 210C on top of a Hydrive 5410. That will be two amps, 750 total watts, running into a total of six 10" speakers. Ought be sufficient for just about any scenario.

• Members

It sounded great thru a couple different amps. But not quite as great thru mine.

Which of course means it's soon time to upgrade my amp
:)
I have of course known that the Crate BX100 would eventually become a hindrance. That said, it has served well enough for nearly 7 years.

I checked out the Hartke Hydrive stuff and it's awesome. So I'll likely be moving, over the next many months, to a configuration of two combo amps: Hydrive 210C on top of a Hydrive 5410. That will be two amps, 750 total watts, running into a total of six 10" speakers. Ought be sufficient for just about any scenario.

Brings earplugs....

Should be a better setup for sure. I've played through some Hartke amps and they all sounded real good.

• Members

Brings earplugs....

Should be a better setup for sure. I've played through some Hartke amps and they all sounded real good.

I have a Hartke HA2000 in my rig now. It drives an old Peavey 4x10. The amp is great and the cab pretty good. The Crate is the base tone generator. It all works pretty well, but there just isn't headroom for the low-B to be well defined. I've faced that when playing my Conklin GT7 and Tune TWB53, but the BTB1206 needs that headroom even more. So time to change.

I never dug the Hartke aluminum cones; didn't like their sound, and found they got blown out more easily than I'd have desired. But the Hydrives are fantastic. Clear, deep, punchy, warm.... I'm also considering the SWR 750x. Its subharmonic driver is beautiful. But you have to nearly max it out to get sufficient volume, and I'm leery of any amp where the gains all have to be maxed out. ESPECIALLY one rated at 750 watts.

• Members

The plan has changed. My bassist is gonna supply his 800RB and 2x12 cab. Those will join the HA2000 and Peavey 4x10. Bassist needs to store his gear somewhere, and those 2amps & cabs ought create a formidable rig. For free. :)

Archived