Hey fellow bassists

gonzobassman

• Members

I was vacationing in Florida at my sons house all last week.He was given an old(mid-eighties)Yamaha Turbo Tour Custom drum set.It was rough,and after the customary 2-day beach outing,we worked for hours cleaning,re-heading tuning,and of course,drinking cold beverages.Bonding is what I will call it!!! Lol. To get to the point,I had my newest (Whitey)MMSR5 with me,and my GK rig.We jammed(just bass,and drums).I put the bass through some paces,and we really checked out those drums.He posted a video on the drum forum(Video on Yamaha drums,as promised),and if interested you can check it out.I would provide a link if it weren't for my computeridioticy complex.I think the bass has plenty of bite,and I really messed with the onboard eq throuout.No pick so it is all fingers.If you decide to check it out,great! Just wanted to let anyone considering either a Music Man bass,or a GK amp,a way to hear both,and BTW those old Yamaha drums turned out great with a good warm sound.

• Members

Yeah they did turn out great! That rig and that Music Man are sweet too! Had a lot of fun dad wish you guys were still here.

For anyone that watches the video try playing on a computer with some speakers. If its on a tablet or phone the quality won't be as great because it was recorded with an iPod. The iPod did great for what it is but I reccomend listening on a bigger system.

• Members

We took him and Amy to our condo on a private beach just for the people at the condo and their guests. It wasnt the same as just going down and laying on the public beach. We went out to a bar one night and saw a band that actually sounded great. Unfortunatly we were the only ones there. Live music just doesn't draw crowds like it used to. All of todays kids would rather hear a DJ sadly.

• Members

We took him and Amy to our condo on a private beach just for the people at the condo and their guests. It wasnt the same as just going down and laying on the public beach. We went out to a bar one night and saw a band that actually sounded great. Unfortunatly we were the only ones there. Live music just doesn't draw crowds like it used to. All of todays kids would rather hear a DJ sadly.

What part of Florida was that? I was just there and hit both coasts. There's great music scenes in Ft. Myers and around Ft. Lauderdale. I hit one jam night with Michael Allman's band, another with the So. Florida blues society. The Buckingham's blues bar with Bucky the beer drinking mule is a cool place to play, too. All of these places were packed. There another one down in Coral Gables that's right next to the Gator's stadium.

Archived