Peavey MicroBass for gigging?

FoonkySteve

• Members

Good day Bass Gents!

Yes you read the title correct.

Here's the scenario;

I have recently started co-hosting a regular open mic night. Mainly acoustic instruments, at the moment i set up 3mics and 2 acoustic guitars through an old Fender Passport 250w. So the whole thing isn't a balls to the wall LOUD affair, its a small venue, prob holds about 50-60 people max.

The Police actually came in last night an asked us to turn down as they had had a complaint! From a fender passport no less!

Anyhoo, i had a bassist buddy of mine come down and sit in last night, and he brought his amp, a 1x12, i didnt get a chance to ask him what it was. Another 2 bassists showed up and wanted to play, of course my buddy being the kind gent he was, was happy to let them use his amp.

Now.... if i ever want to accomodate a bassist that turns up again, i have a 20w peavey micro bass lying around, do you reckon it could cut it in the mix in my small setting?

Or would i have to crank it, possibly resulting in messy distortion as it only has a gain level control.

or any other suggestions on the cheap would be great. I would be looking for the smallest, cheapest, option that would cut it in this setting. Im not afraid of going used either if it has a reliable rep.

Many thanks Guyz!

thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Jazzneck View Post
If your buddy's amp was doing the trick, I'd call him up, ask for specifics and take it from there. If I were to take a wild guess I'd think the Peavey might be a little small. You can always take it and see what happens.
That sounds like the best bet, i'll just try it out next week and see what happens thumb.gif
I overheard my bass bud chatting to the other bassist, im pretty sure he said his rig was around

Archived