Anyone ever try the Rondo CNB Rack Cases?

The Aardvark

• Members

I have one...6 space, got a QSC 1450 in it (on bottom), tuner, RBI, and power conditioner. I trust it, pretty sturdy, lightweight when empty. IIRC, it's injected molded plastic for the housing, aluminium front and rear surfaces for lids, with flat steel bars for reinforcement and mounting of gear on the 2 sides with the screw holes (front and back). Only thing it didn't come with was rear mounting brackets. I must have 50 lbs. plus in it. I wouldn't want to drop it...with all that weight it will probably fail. :eek:

EDIT: mines the older one (black plastic) i don't see it on the site, do you mean this one?

rc410062a.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Fran da Man

I have one...6 space, got a QSC 1450 in it (on bottom), tuner, RBI, and power conditioner. I trust it, pretty sturdy, lightweight when empty. IIRC, it's injected molded plastic for the housing, aluminium front and rear surfaces for lids, with flat steel bars for reinforcement and mounting of gear on the 2 sides with the screw holes (front and back). Only thing it didn't come with was rear mounting brackets. I must have 50 lbs. plus in it. I wouldn't want to drop it...with all that weight it will probably fail.
:eek:
EDIT: mines the older one (black plastic) i don't see it on the site, do you mean this one?

rc410062a.jpg

I don't have the rack case, but the CNB aluminum flight cases are freaking tanks...I can jump on them without worry...

• Members

I have a CNB 4U case with a Crest amp and my bass preamp gear in it. The latches and lids and overall quality are fine, better than SKB. However I don't really like the handles - the outer grip part slides about 1/2" when lifting it, making for an awkward carry as 50lbs slides in your grip.

Overall an acceptable case.

• Members

I've got one. IT comes unlatched easily, but beyond that, a decent case.

I was going to throw it away and go ahead and buy an SKB, but one of my friends is having the same prob with an SKB, and he paid wayyyyy more than $29 for his!

• 7 years later...

Archived