I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Originally posted by Zamfir

frown.gif

Not that I want kids, but I do like the installation disk... biggrin.gif

monark- Not much. Have gotten close to jobs, only had them evaporate at the last minute (that's the gummint for you...). Still waiting to hear from the Foreign Service. In the meantime, I apply to weird {censored} like "diplomatic courier" (the guys who sit on hot airport tarmacs making sure nobody {censored}s with the diplomatic "pouch," i.e., containers weighing hundreds of pounds...), unpaid internships in Brussels, and postgraduate master's of teaching degrees starting this fall.

I am soooooooo tired of being a(n) (off-and-on) student...

freak.gif

Meanwhile, I'm a kept man on a social worker's salary. thumb.gif

When the hell's the gummint gonna step in and pay you nice sums of money to play solitaire or minesweeper along with surfing the net on a pc all day? tongue.gif

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

When the hell's the gummint gonna step in and pay you nice sums of money to play solitaire or minesweeper along with surfing the net on a pc all day? tongue.gif

I ask myself exactly that. mad.gif

I've given up on minesweeper. {censored}ing thing has only let me win the hardest level a couple of times without blowing myself up on the inevitable guess. mad.gif

Mostly I beat myself up on a binge of FreeCell. Spider Solitaire is too goddam annoying to be fun for more than half an hour.

• Members

I ask myself exactly that. mad.gif

I've given up on minesweeper. {censored}ing thing has only let me win the hardest level a couple of times without blowing myself up on the inevitable guess. mad.gif

Mostly I beat myself up on a binge of FreeCell. Spider Solitaire is too goddam annoying to be fun for more than half an hour.

Ahhh Freecell. I wasted hours on that game when I flew to Tokyo. JAL's had tv's on every seat with video games and movies. I watched the latest take on 3 Musketeers at least 3 or 4 times since there was nothing better to watch and played a crapload of Freecell. 10 hour flight. Gotta pass some time.

• Members

Ahhh Freecell. I wasted hours on that game when I flew to Tokyo. JAL's had tv's on every seat with video games and movies. I watched the latest take on 3 Musketeers at least 3 or 4 times since there was nothing better to watch and played a crapload of Freecell. 10 hour flight. Gotta pass some time.

True dat, but this is why "god" made books.

biggrin.gif

• Members

No, it's why man invented the Game Boy Advanced tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Though I wouldn't mind a PSP with a hacked rom and a ton of emulator games.

You can play those without diverting the plane into the Pacific? confused.gif

It would not hurt you to read a little, young man... taps foot sternly mad.gif

• Members

You can play those without diverting the plane into the Pacific? confused.gif

It would not hurt you to read a little, young man... taps foot sternly mad.gif

Yup! No wireless signal on it so it's just like listening to an mp3 player or using your laptop. The only time you can't use it is takeoff and landing.

And I plow through books. I read during church and at most every workout (stationary bike so I've got hands free to read while burning off 400 or so calories) biggrin.gif

My wife's impressed at the number of books I go through.

• Members

From bash.org

WindMage1: my cat already had kittens a month ago

WindMage1: we took her in to get fixed, and they're like "We can't... she's pregnant"

WindMage1: and I said "That bitch said she was on the pill!"

WindMage1: and then there was very awkward silence in the vet's office

• Members

Yup! No wireless signal on it so it's just like listening to an mp3 player or using your laptop. The only time you can't use it is takeoff and landing.

And I plow through books. I read during church and at most every workout (stationary bike so I've got hands free to read while burning off 400 or so calories) biggrin.gif

My wife's impressed at the number of books I go through.

Yeah, OK, I was going to scratch my head if they didn't make you turn it off on takeoff and landing...

I forgot that you read at church. Does the congregation shoot you dirty looks? biggrin.gif

I don't read as much as I should anymore. frown.gif I'd hit higher volume if I read more fiction, but I end up reading non-fiction stuff that takes awhile. Especially if it's not in English. freak.gif

Plus I get sleepy often when reading.

• Members

From bash.org

WindMage1: my cat already had kittens a month ago

WindMage1: we took her in to get fixed, and they're like "We can't... she's pregnant"

WindMage1: and I said "That bitch said she was on the pill!"

WindMage1: and then there was very awkward silence in the vet's office

biggrin.gif

• Members

Yeah, OK, I was going to scratch my head if they didn't make you turn it off on takeoff and landing...

I forgot that you read at church. Does the congregation shoot you dirty looks? biggrin.gif

I don't read as much as I should anymore. frown.gif I'd hit higher volume if I read more fiction, but I end up reading non-fiction stuff that takes awhile. Especially if it's not in English. freak.gif

Plus I get sleepy often when reading.

Ya know, I've yet to get any dirty looks. Once, I even had one of the greeters ask me what book I had. I showed him. Foundation by Asimov. "Good author", he replied. Funny thing is Asimov's a well-known atheist wink.gif

He and Herbert had some interesting views on religion, though Herbert's was more obvious with Dune Messiah.

• Members

set and smash!! biggrin.gifthumb.gif

I recalled your excitement at the my potential threat to Fox News' website (through possible employment at Fox and thought of you for this (yes, I have a bizarre memory that recalls all kind of stuff like this yet I can barely recall that I have a staff meeting every Thursday at 1pm rolleyes.gif )

biggrin.gif

• Members

I recalled your excitement at the my potential thread to Fox News' website and thought of you for this (yes, I have a bizarre memory that recalls all kind of stuff like this yet I can barely recall that I have a staff meeting every Thursday at 1pm rolleyes.gif )

biggrin.gif

I had completely forgotten that...and I still recall very little of what the website deal was... frown.gif

So, did you go to the meeting? biggrin.gif

• Members

I had completely forgotten that...and I still recall very little of what the website deal was... frown.gif

So, did you go to the meeting? biggrin.gif

It was a job interview at Fox. As it turned out, Fox News was in a seperate part of the organization. This was more the movie side of the house.

Didn't get the job (didn't really think I would as it was for something other than my primary job skill). Plus, the drive would likely have sucked so I doubt I'd have accepted it.