Marshall AVT150/275

og

• Members

Originally posted by og

Im considering buying one of those amps. Anyone have an experience with them? are they reliable? how they sound in live situations?

I have an AVT 50, and if it's miced....I have no problems. I like the sound, too. I can imagine the 150 and 275 versions are better amps, based on my expierence with the 50.

hope that helps.

:cool:

• Members

it's a decent hard working amp.

I prefer running pedals into the clean channel but the overdrives arent too bad providing you keep the gain levels fairly sensible.

depending on what pedal you run through you can get a really nice crunchy plexi type sound with a good overdrive going into the acoustic channel.

• Members

I use an AVT150 combo. I'm very happy with it. Sure there are better amps but this one serves me quite well. I don't use pedals and I like a nice distortion for leads. The amp cleans up nicely for rhythm as well.

It's very convenient, very consistent, very reliable so far.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Originally posted by Burgess

I use an AVT150 combo. I'm very happy with it. Sure there are better amps but this one serves me quite well. I don't use pedals and I like a nice distortion for leads. The amp cleans up nicely for rhythm as well.

It's very convenient, very consistent, very reliable so far.

I'm sort of at a toss with my avt150 combo...sometimes ill tweak it and get a alright sound and at other times the tone seems to lack...I have a 1996 Gibson Explorer with the stock pups in it...I wish I would have played it before I bought it...I purchased it online...I guess in time it might grow on me....:confused:

• Members

I have an AVT50H I run through a 2x12 with a vintage 30 and Greenback. At first I loved it but (and this happened with other amps) I am getting picky with it. I love Marshal o/d but this tends to sound a little brittle. I play a Strat and a Washburn A20 with humbuckers and this is the sound I am talking about. I have some suspicion the Vintage 30 may be the culprit as it way louder than the other speaker. On the whole the amp is pretty good value and I rekon I just need to do a bit more tweaking like backing off mids.

Archived