Cover Band Rigs

ned911

• Members

4 peice rock/blues band

Bass (me) - schecter stiletto studio 5 -- A/B switch-A or Upright bass pickup -- preamp pedal (having custom preamp made as we speak) --A/B switch-B -- Aphex Punch Factory -- Boss Bass Chorus -- Yorkville BM200 (single 15 combo) -- into PA.

Guitar - FEnder Strat or Gibson LP JR or Teisco modded ls300 (I think) in to pedal board (no Idea what's in there) into Fender Super or Champ modded heavily (sounds great!)

Drums - Tama Drums, lots of cymbals.

Keyboard - Roland XP-80 -- Hartke COmbo - PA

Mics are SM57's for GTR and KEYS, Head mic for Drummer, Elvis SHure Mic for me.

Yamaha board -- DBX driverack PA -- RMX 2450 -- Yamaha tops (15+horn) -- Samson Powered Subs

mon - EQ -- BBE -- RMX2450 -- Yamaha monitors(12+horn)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I use an Ibanez SZ-520 (and very rarely a Fender Strat w/ Duncans)

My effects currently are a Morley Little Alligator volume, Maxon OD-9 overdrive, Ibanez PH-5 phaser, Boss CH-1 chorus and Ibanez DE-7 echo. I use a Boss TU-2 tuner. This all sits on a Pedaltrain 2 pedal board. Picks are Dunlop delrin 1.5's and strings are D'Addario 10.5's

My amp is a 1997 Rivera M-100 through a matching 1x12" cab loaded with a 200w EV-M speaker. I also occasionally use a Marshall AVT 4x12" which has been reloaded with two Celestion G12T75's and two Vintage 30's.

For very small gigs, I use a Peavey Classic 30 retubed with E-H 12AX7's and JJ EL84's, and loaded with a Celestion Vintage 30.

I have an assortment of Lee Oskar hamonicas that I use.

I used to use Strnad harp mics, but their workmanship on them has gone to {censored} (I have trashed two in the last two years), so I just use my vocal mic at the present time.

My keyboard rig is a Yamaha Motif ES6, an old Ensoniq TS-10, and rarely a Korg Triton.

I run these into my Mackie 808M powered mixer into two Yamaha S115V Clubs. My mic is a Shure Beta58, and I use a combination of Roadhog and Monster cables.

My drummer uses DW drums, and a mixture of Zildjian and Sabian cymbals, along with a Crown CM311 headset mic.

My bass player uses mostly his Ibanez SRZ-700 bass, and occasionally brings out a `62 or `67 Jazz Bass. He runs into an Ampeg SVT head into a SWR Goliath 4x10" or Ampeg 8x10" depending on the room. He occasionally uses a Boss BF-2 flanger.

his mic is a Shure Beta58.

My guitarist plays a Fender Strat with a Duncan Hot Rail in the bridge into a Crybaby, a Boss CE-2, and an Ibanez DM-10 delay.

His amp is a Soldano Hot Rod 50 run into a Marshall 1936 2x12" loaded with Celestion Vintage 30's. His vocal mic is an 80's-vintage Beyer Dynamic.

Our lead singer plays a Korg X3 keyboard through a Roland KC-500 and sings through a Shure Beta87.

We have a large PA with the ubiquitous Mackie 1604VLZ, two Crown CTs4200 and a Crest Pro7200. A dbx DriveRack, two dbx dual-31 eq's and an Alesis Midiverb all into two JBL SRX725 cabs and two Sonic subs loaded with JBL 18's. We have Peavey wedges that have been reloaded with EV speakers.

Our small PA is a Behringer UB1832FX into two Crest Pro7200 amps, a dbx DriveRack, a Yamaha 31-band eq all into two EV SX100+ and two Behringer B1800X subs reloaded with EV speakers.

Archived