How Often Have you Changed Members?

Jiggs

• Members

I've been bandless for awhile now, but the last one had a {censored}ing revolving door as far as singers went. In fact, one of the local music magazines actually used that to describe us. Our first left because he wanted to do some other type of metalness. more groove type {censored} I think. Cool stuff I suppose.

The second was a Halford type screamer. The guy had incredible range, but no sense of rhythm. He was very very very very white. When I say that, I don't mean that he had to sound like Barry White or Chuck D. or anything. But his vocal lines always seemed like they were in a world of their own.

The third and last, was a female singer. We where kind of looking to go more towards the Lacuna Coil/After Forever type vibe, and we ended with the female Chris Barnes. The cool thing was that she was kind of hot and very charismatic on stage, which drew alot of attention. But the downside was that she developed a slight substance abuse problem. When I say "slight" I mean she was {censored}ed up constantly. She was promptly thrown out.

Oddly enough, firing her ended up being the demise of the band. One of our guitarists was doing some work with a band that he had been in back in the day, and they were given the oppurtunity to play in Germany, and naturally he took it (I would've kicked his ass had he said no!!!). This caused the drummer to get all pissy and leave. The other guitarist did'nt want to wait to break in a new singer and wanted to play out more (which I dont blame him....his new band, albeit a cover band, is very cool).

So there was the death of my band.........for now at least. Me and the other guitarist have talked about writing together again and seeing where it goes, schedules allowing of course.

So anyone in the southside of Chicago or NW Indiana area into Dark Tranquility, Children of Bodom, Opeth, etc....PM ME!!!!!!

• Members

Project started about 3 years ago with 4 friends from the 'hood.

Singer - gone after a month or so because he would bring a 12 pack of beer to every practice and promptly forget the words and where they go in relation to the music.

Drummer - took up heroin as a hobby. Great lifestyle choice. Gone in 6 months. Guitarist got mad that we booted him because we didn't want to be around smack.

Guitarist/singer - lasted about 2 years until all the people I had found for the band couldn't stand to be around him anymore. A real practice nazi.

So much for the old friends!

Second drummer - a real jerk. Would insult you just to try to hurt your feelings. Gets old real fast. See ya! One month.

Third drummer - great player, nice guy, but he always had drama going on in his personal life. Lasted until recently when he decided to go the original/modern route. It's sort of a relief.

Bass player one - kicked out originally for being a real tool. If somebody made a mistake on stage he would get angry at them! Yell at them. Almost got his ass kicked.

Bass player two - great at the audition and through the first few practices but then started going downhill fast. He works for a super secret gov agency so I don't think it's drugs. First guy I ever met who got worse the more he played. One gig and he was gone. Played his Ampeg refridgerator amp louder than {censored} - all distorted. Called whales up into the bay. See ya!

Bass player one returns. New attitude. Played with some other guys and came to appreciate us a little more. And we, him. But he has not wife or kids and twice a month gigs weren't enough. So he joined another band. Who signed with a local agency. Which conflicts with our gigs. After the second time the drummer quit and it's down to me and the second singer.

• Members

Guitarists keep disappearing on my band. Got a good one, but work moved him to Tampa (if you're looking, let me know and I'll forward the info along). Had a guy tryout who we were going to offer the gig to, but he flaked out at the last minute and didn't join.

Basically, if you're in the CT/W MA area and play guitar, get in touch with me!

• Members

My current band seems to undergo lineup changes every few months.

It started with five guys (four from the same neighborhood), Then they added a guy to play harmonica and acoustic guitar. They were doing great until the drama set in...

They kicked out the rhythm guitarist (who never did his homework) and the harmonica/acoustic guy (who also never did his homework.

And that's when I entered the picture. It was all downhill from there...

Six months later, our singer quit. Then we kicked out the next singer after two weeks, the next singer quit two months later, and the next singer quit after two weeks. So... we asked the FIRST singer to come back.

Until the weekend of this past July 4th, when his immature bull{censored} pushed us to kick him out.

Now we have a new singer (and a newfound push to excel).

Mike

Archived