Biggest gig of our life... so far!

matt_cater

• Members

Probably not a big deal to most of you guys, but my band (Fallen Ground) have our biggest gig to date on 26th August at the Ogri MCC Rally (A biker rally in the UK) where it is a sell-out and there should be 2,000 people there.

Thats about 10x more than any crowd we've played before so its gettin pretty nerve-racking but should be awesome too :)

Then the week after we are playing in Evesham at the Ali Bongo MCC annual custom bike show.

So if any UK bikers are in the midlands come to Evesham Football Club on 3rd September for some metal (us) and punk (Idiots Intoxicated) :)

wish us luck :D

Cater

http://fallenground.com

http://myspace.com/fallenground

• Members

Connect with the audience! Talk to them, tell them who you are.

Tell them how f*cking incredible it is for you to be there. Share your excitement & enthusiasm with them. You can be a mediocre band but still rock the sh*it out of them if you act like you're throwing the biggest party ever and the crowd is all your invited guests. Not that ego crap of "Ooh look at the crowd I've gathered..." just genuine "I'm so glad to be here..." kind of stuff.

With a crowd that big unless you've got an absolute top notch sound system & board op, no one's going to catch all the subtle nuances of your music. You need to fill the stage with energy, and make sure you move around and use all the space available to you so you look like you belong on a big stage in front of big crowds.

• Members

VIDEO TAPE IT...

My band throws this huge festival, last one had 1200 peeps...

we rocked..or so I'm told. The stress of the event and crazy day has made my memory foggy.

Saw a video and it brought me right back on stage!

• Members

I agree. Practice, practice, practice. When you get in front of really big crowds, the sound is different, you can't always hear stuff, the band is more spread out, etc. so you need to memorize your parts and pay attention.

I've done shows for 12,000 a couple of times a bunch of 10,000 gigs and just two weeks ago played for 5,000 folks on a Friday night and 2,000 the next night.

• Members

cheers for the advice and support guys!

we put on possibly the best performance ever in the 20months we've been together.. and the drummer did a solo at the end which sent the crowd mad which was awesome.

Really proud of ourselves because we didn't crack under the pressure.

We've been booked for next years Ogri Rally and have contact for the Bulldog Bash so fingers crossed!

• Members
Originally posted by Timmm

VIDEO TAPE IT...

My band throws this huge festival, last one had 1200 peeps...

we rocked..or so I'm told. The stress of the event and crazy day has made my memory foggy.

Saw a video and it brought me right back on stage!

You are a Tool

Archived