A couple of excellent mini-gigs this past weekend for us...

Greg Bogoshian

• Members

We nailed the Star Spangled Banner at Frontier Field for 9,865 (I had guessed 9,874... Honest!) fans and the Rochester Rhinos won 3-1 in an excellent, hard fought soccer match... Our choir does this wonderful 4-part acapella harmony with ecoing verse version that we did for the Rochester Red Wings baseball team for 11,500 last month and they liked us so much they brought us back fo rthe Rhinos...

Today, Circle of Friends did a little blue-grass for our Sunday service and we were all really on! We did another piece at the beginning of the service and still another at the end and all came off first rate! I think we are really starting to hit a pro-stride at this point and our comfort level has come up a lot.

I hear rumors that there is something else big coming for us for the National Anthym, but we haven't been filled in yet. My guess is opening day for the Rochester Americans hockey game at the Blue Cross Arena. Just a guess. We'll see what happens!

Next month, Circle of Friends does a half-hour set for the Laity annual banquet and awards dinner at the request of the bishop. Things are starting to happen! Boggs

Archived