How many here think Terry missed calling?

THB

• Moderators

Originally posted by THB

From the evidence he's providing us with, he certainly could have been quite a writer!

:cool:

Thanks for the kind words. :o

I'm accustomed to writing several thousand words a day at my job. But now I'm retired and I don't know what to do with myself, so I'm sitting here trying to write non-technical stuff.

I'm not very good at it, but I'm trying! :)

Terry D.

• Members

Originally posted by MrKnobs

Thanks for the kind words.
:o

I'm accustomed to writing several thousand words a day at my job. But now I'm retired and I don't know what to do with myself, so I'm sitting here trying to write non-technical stuff.

I'm not very good at it, but I'm trying!
:)

Terry D.

Start saving what you're writing here. The hardest part is the ability to sit a just do it for 6-8 hours a day, which is what it takes.

I can see your first novel: Confessions of a Barroom Rocker!

:cool:

• Moderators

Originally posted by THB

Start saving what you're writing here. The hardest part is the ability to sit a just do it for 6-8 hours a day, which is what it takes.

The hardest part for me is not sucking. Writing is an art I've never studied, and it's not easy to do well.

Doing it 6-8 hours a day? I've been writing 6-8 hours a day for the last 20 years at work. If you googled my real name, you'd find hundreds of reports and papers I've published over the years. All technical stuff, all incredibly dull.

Man, I'd really love to write something interesting, for once. I wrote some science fiction a few years back and finally sold it to a magazine. I must have submitted that stuff to ten magazines and been rejected 50 times. In the process I rewrote the stories at least five times each, only to be rejected again.

When I finally succeeded, I figured out I'd made about 50 cents an hour writing the two stories. At that point I gave up. Now I've got nothing but respect for real writers. Just like I have nothing but respect for real guitar players! :o

I'm just blowing off some steam here. I need to get that story and several others off my chest before I die.

I do appreciate your kind words, though. :)

Terry D.

• Members

The hardest part for me is not sucking. Writing is an art I've never studied, and it's not easy to do well.

Doing it 6-8 hours a day? I've been writing 6-8 hours a day for the last 20 years at work. If you googled my real name, you'd find hundreds of reports and papers I've published over the years. All technical stuff, all incredibly dull.

Man, I'd really love to write something interesting, for once. I wrote some science fiction a few years back and finally sold it to a magazine. I must have submitted that stuff to ten magazines and been rejected 50 times. In the process I rewrote the stories at least five times each, only to be rejected again.

When I finally succeeded, I figured out I'd made about 50 cents an hour writing the two stories. At that point I gave up. Now I've got nothing but respect for real writers. Just like I have nothing but respect for real guitar players!
:o

I'm just blowing off some steam here. I need to get that story and several others off my chest before I die.

I do appreciate your kind words, though.

Terry D.

Writing, like any artistic endeavor, is one of passion. When the technical aspect of it overtook the joyful side, that's when I got out.

Now I concentrate on songwriting, and after 29 years I think I'm getting better.

• Members

...wrote some science fiction a few years back and finally sold it to a magazine. I must have submitted that stuff to ten magazines and been rejected 50 times. In the process I rewrote the stories at least five times each, only to be rejected again.

Obviously, you've never been a professional musician - rejection is our middle name!

Archived