So how many of you have been asked to play "when the levee breaks" lately

GCDEF

• Members

The original version (Memphis Minnie's, not "Fred Zeppelin"'s) has long been part of my repertoire, so when asked, I do it...respectfully.

OTOH, off-the-cuff parodies is a fundamental part of my schtick, as well, but when I was requested to "make up" a tune on the spot about "Drowning In The City of New Orleans", I politely refused...that's simply deplorable taste.

• Members

Originally posted by Matter-Eater Lad

Or Scorpions "Rock You Like A Hurricane"?

That tune has been a staple of our setlist for several years now. I've felt kinda weird bout playin it recently. Luckily, most folks who come to see us know we've been doin it for a long time.

• Members

ditto on the (1929!) memphis minnie version. i did that version at a katrina benefit recently with the intro of "how come someone knew this would happen in 1929, and yet..."

i mean you gotta believe that when bush was a partying drunk/coke hound, he was at least a bit "familiar" with led zep IV! :)

-d. gauss

• Members

Originally posted by THX1138

That tune has been a staple of our setlist for several years now. I've felt kinda weird bout playin it recently. Luckily, most folks who come to see us know we've been doin it for a long time.

We HAVE been keeping that on the setlist, haven't we?

As Jack Nicholson said in A Few Good Men, "Well...don't I feel like a {censored}in' asshole".

:(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived