What makes this guy's voice so rich, apart from genetics

Kentrel

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Hmm, not to be crude, but so, you think that a head full of snot won't keep you from having good tone?

:thu:

That's irrelevant. A head full of snot will stop anybody from achieving full head resonance. As for cavities... there's plenty of small dudes that came out with the biggest voices: Dio, Perry, J.L. Turner, etc. Size has absolutely nothing to do with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

That's irrelevant. A head full of snot will stop anybody from achieving full head resonance. As for cavities... there's plenty of small dudes that came out with the biggest voices: Dio, Perry, J.L. Turner, etc. Size has absolutely nothing to do with it.

What are you talking about? Dio may be short, but he has a HUGE freaking head! So, you don't think that it will affect your tone at all to have your sinuses packed? If you have a cold does it affect your speaking voice when your sinuses are packed full of mucus?

Of course it does, and it affects your singing voice as well.

And people who have larger cavities (such as Dio) are going to have the potential (providing they use it) to produce a "bigger" or more resonant sound, than somebody who has a very narrow throat and small sinus cavities.

Again, I'm not saying you can't become a Good singer through training - i believe that EVERYONE can becoem a Good singer through Training, it is just that some people have an advantage that is genetic.

• Members

Anyone can improve their own singing ability (note I did NOT say "anyone can become a GOOD singer"). But don't quit your day job just because you can improve.

It's absolutely amazing to hear people say genetics has nothing to do with it. If so then why do we not all have identical sounding voices, whether speaking or singing?????????????????????????????? Why do men sound different from women??????????????????? I mean the narrow-mindedness in this thread is AB-SO-LUTE-LY STUNNNING!!!

• Members

It's absolutely amazing to hear people say genetics has nothing to do with it. If so then why do we not all have identical sounding voices, whether speaking or singing?????????????????????????????? Why do men sound different from women??????????????????? I mean the narrow-mindedness in this thread is AB-SO-LUTE-LY STUNNNING!!!

I'm with you there bro, there are narrow-minded people that have constructed a ridiculous image of me. Amongst other things that I claim genetics to have nothing to do with how we differ!! Can you believe it?:eek:

On the other hand, one thing I said is that with enough work you can accomplish awesome things, just watch this:

[YOUTUBE]Mzok8OFA9m8[/YOUTUBE]

Also look into other videos of this guy. He can sing like a woman and sound like anyone. How? Lot's of work! Lot's of work my friend.:)

• Members
I'm sure this guy has put in the work to become great, but he was also born with the talent. If hard work was all that is needed to do what he does, there would be people all over doing this.

:lol:Sorry, bro! Did you watch the videos of this guy on youtube? He explains what made him able to accomplish this! :poke:

And do you really believe most people could put in thousands of hours of hard work into a certain field??? :confused::eek: And let's not talk about wannabe singers...:facepalm:

• Members

Hard work alone is not enough sometimes. What about all these kids that want to play professional sports and work harder than other people and never make it. This reminds me of the movie Rudy, where the guy had all the determination, heart, and work ethic; but not an ounce of talent.

I also, remember this girl in college who was in my Organic Chemistry class. She wanted to be a Biochemist and spent ours and ours studying and getting tutoring and still couldn't pass the class. She must have worked 10 times harder than me, but I got an "A" and she got a "F".

I really don't mean any disrespect, I agree with you than anyone with hard work can improve in anything and learn to sing. I've read a lot of post you have made here and after seeing your videos, I don't think you're that good of a singer. You are way better than me, but that is not saying much. I expected to be blown away by your videos after all the claims you have made on this forum.

• Members

after seeing your videos, I don't think you're that good of a singer. You are way better than me, but that is not saying much. I expected to be blown away by your videos after all the claims you have made on this forum.

:eek:I haven't posted any videos on this board... You must be talking about someone else.

(unless you have checked out my old website with the before-videos...)

Archived