Our 5-part a capella "Prayer of the Children"... I'm proud of this one...

• Members

This is our (Circle of Friends) last rehearsal run-through (tired voices and all and somebody else practicing their rhythm part on a wood block for another piece in the background) of a truly haunting piece of music before we perform it tomorrow night. I believe the composer is from Croatia and as far as I am concerned, it is one of the most perfect pieces of music and arrangement ever written. It was a real challenge for us to learn and perform. I hope you enjoy it. I sure am proud of it. I sing first tenor... It was recorded live in our church with one pair of crossed mics. No embellishments at all. You are hearing the 10 of us and the room.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com/COF_Photos/PrayeroftheChildren.mp3

We recorded one other cool and very different a capella piece called Fill-A-Me-Up that came out really good, too, if you want to hear it. Just let me know and I will post it too if you are interested...

Boggs

• Members

Thanks for taking the time to check it out, THB! I tried today, for some unknown reason, to play it on my guitar with it just being "played through my head" and I was shocked that I just happened to pick a key that made it playable and with fingerpicking, I was able to capture almost all of the parts while keeping the melody and feel right out of the chute... I wish somebody had secretly recorded it because it was truly an inspired bit of magic. I have no clue as to why or how it happened... I just sat there stunned for a couple of minutes after I was done playing it through. I hope some time you guys can experience that... It is just unexplainable. It is just such an inspirational piece... I hope we do it justice tonight at our performance.

• Members

Just got back from our gig... We killed tonight! "Prayer..." was the talk of the evening. Completely blew the Bishop away. Moved her (and others) to tears. After her speech which followed our 1/2 hour set, she came back to me and I never thought I would ever see it, but she was completely speechless! She just looked at me and kept repeating, "Prayer... wow. Prayer... WOW Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm... Wow" She has been one of our biggest fans and supporters over the years, but this time, we completely dusted her!

We put together a very diverse program in part to express our diversity, and it seems like we won a lot of fans tonight! Tons of very positive feedback all night and sold some CDs to boot... We overheard more than one person say that they got our CD last year for Christmas! That's pretty cool! It was a helluva night in Bushnell's Basin!!

Archived