"You Suck!"

e-b-e

• Members

Originally posted by SpacedCowboy

I heard that! And then afterwards, they went into their Johnny Cash cover of "Ring Of Fire" to do "one for the ladies". I love me some SD.
:cool:

You know, I've been half wishing that would happen at our one of our shows just so I could use that Mike Ness line...but no one's been stupid enough to flip us off...yet.
:evil:

Where is your next gig, I will come out and shill for you.

:D

• Members

I had a guy yell "That sucked! That's the worst thing I've ever heard." The waitress was doing the "cut" motion with her hand across her throat at me to get me to stop.

I was singing karaoke.

:(

I still brag about it.

:freak:

• Members

I was playing in a cover band in a particularly rough bar, and they had a railing across the front of the stage, and stools right up by the stage. This jerkoff was sitting RIGHT there the whole set, saying crap to my bro, the singer. It was this little chump and his buddy, totally lit up. And he's going on and on, and the rest of the crowd can hear him, and I'm like "man, if you think we suck so bad, why are sitting in the front row?"

He didn't really catch on, so he's going on, and my bro is flipping him off mid song for like 3 songs, like an inch from his face, and he just sits there, wasted. So after a song, my bro says "I'm sorry man, lets try to get along" and holds his hand out to shake the guys hand. The drunk grabs on, and my bro pulls him right off his stool, and he goes face first to the floor.

Afterwards, the drunk comes up to me, and says we were awesome, and wants to know if his band can do a show with ours some time. I asked him where he's played, and what shows he has lined up. He responded with "we've never played any shows, and we don't have any lined up." I told him he could talk sh*t when he had a clue.

• Moderators

Originally posted by Brian Krashpad

Haha, I'd forgotten that one. Used it once a long long time ago.

Been really lucky the last 13 or 14 years though. I think original music bands get a little less of that than cover bands. The bar clientele for original music is generally a little more music-centric and educate themselves in advance of what they're going to be hearing, even if it's only to find out a general genre category or something.

BK

Yeah, that and the fact the clientele for original bands is mostly the next band waiting to play and their girlfriends. :D

Terry D.

• Members

Originally posted by SpacedCowboy

You know, I've been half wishing that would happen at our one of our shows just so I could use that Mike Ness line...but no one's been stupid enough to flip us off...yet.
:evil:

Ahem...see ya Saturday. :p

• Members

Originally posted by Outrider

There's a live recording of Social Distortion that cracks me up...a guy in the audience is clearly flipping the singer off, and it went something like this...

(guy flips off band)

"Hey buddy! You got another one of those?"

(guy flips him off with two hands)

"Now take both of those, and stick 'em up your ass!"

You could tell he was half laughing when he said it. He'd probably been waiting to use that one on somebody.
:thu:

i love social d, and thats a great album, but after he says that, there's a pause...and then ness says:

"that might feel kinda good" (!?!)

then quickly the introduction to ring of fire starts.

:confused:

• Members

I went to see a friend's band last weekend and the frontman went off on a woman at the end of the night. He's a great guy, excellent frontman, and usually very gracious. People ask for requests and he tries to accomodate them.

End of the night all of a sudden I hear him say "Tell you what, you paid $10 to get in? I'll give you your $10 back if you promise never to {censored}ing come see us again. Are you Married? My condolences to your husband. This one goes out to you, lady, because you are one cold hard bitch."

And with that he turns his guitar up and slams the first chords to Cold Hard Bitch by Jet. The band followed and they played it even though they had never played it before. Sounded good but not a song that you want to hear a band of this quality play for an encore.

I asked my buddy what that was all about and he said that she was riding him hard all night. Every break, during the sets, relentlessly following him around. I guess he had his limit.

Never mess with the guy with the mic. :D

• Members

You have to be careful what you say to a heckler, because if you really go off on them in anger, sometimes you can turn the whole audience off too. Sarcasm always worked for me. It always seemed to help the audience be "in on the joke" instead of feeling like the singer is snapping at a heckler again.

No matter what happens, you're still performing, so you have to maintain your cool. So wait until after you get paid before you beat the dog {censored} out of them.

Archived