Funny gig pics

• Members

Here's one of me at my last show with this band Tarpon Trees in Melbourne, Fl on 1/1/05. It was at a big hippy jam festival we were playing...

339107761_l.jpg

I try to avoid getting caught on film for promo shots when I'm not sober, but somebody managed to get me here on this one...I'm the one who seems to have eaten mushrooms as I'm having a blast with whatever's in my hand.

• Members

Since I pretty much always look funny in gig pics, how about a funny gig video?

About 10-15 years ago, we were playing at Summerfest - Milwaukee's highest profile festival. We did a high energy 3-hour show with no breaks but lots of beer so that by the end, we (well, at least I) were sweaty, semi-drunk, wet washrags.

Just as we walked off stage, an old friend of mine came up and asked me if I wanted to do a talk show. He was producing one of the television stages that broadcast live from the fest. Of course I said "Sure, when?" He said "Right now, it's being broadcast live so we'll get your gear, you get in the van". So they hustled our harmonica player and me (they didn't have time for the full band) across the grounds to the TV stage.

We walked into the staging area and there were all these beautiful naked women hanging around! It turns out the guest before us was a fashion designer and the models, without a dressing room, were changing in the staging area.

Now, perhaps you've heard me mention before that our harp player at the time had a problem being around attractive women. He would always tighten up and turn into a stammering basket case (most entertaining at the gigs where the strippers would come in). Anyway, we walked out on our cue and gave the interviews and did a couple little tunes. Me; drunk, sweaty and sloppy while trying to be glib and our harp player stammering and drooling.

I think it ranks among my most embarrassing moments.

Archived