I need a little help

RockGirl

• Members

First let me formally introduce myself. My name is Anita. I am not a musician but I am a die hard music fan. Music has been important to me for as long as I can remember and I respect the people who create it. Some of you may know that I originally came here to compliment Terry on his 'groupie' story. What I found was a bunch of really cool people who are intelligent,articulate, and fun so I decided to hang out a little more each day.

Now, could someone help me out with a signature? All I want to do is use this as my siggy:

bluebanner3.gif

This is what I use on EZ board. Is it because it's not plain text that it won't work? I use photobucket as a host and can generate HTML codes but I have tried every way to use this to no avail. Is it possible? Any ideas anyone?

PS) yes I know this is trivial, but since I am a self-proclaimed emotie ho (and banner ho) I really want to use it. :)

• Members

Anita,

Yes you should definitely shrink that image down before you put it in your sig!

Once you get it down to a manageable size, if you edit your sig in your user profile you should be able to get it to display by typing:

[ img ]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/AnitaBZ247/SMILEYS/bluebanner3.gif[ /img ]

... But take the spaces out between the brackets [].

That oughta do it.

• Members

Ahhh yeah I see that the img tag is turned off for sigs.

Sorry bout that Anita, you won't be able to put an image in your sig. This site gets so much traffic that it likely would slow the servers incredibly, plus a lot of people would tend to abuse the privilege. I'm guessing that's why it isn't enabled.

• Members

Ok, thanks. Sheesh I thought I was losing my touch, I absolutely refuse to give up on doing something and no matter what I did it wasn't working.LOL I was hoping it might get by since it's text only, just enhanced but that's ok. No problem.

Glad you let me know because I was driving myslef nuts. piano.gif

Archived