please vote for my band!

• Members

hey guys,

there is this kickass festival i could play with my band if we win this poll. so i would really apreciate if you could vote for my band!

the url is:

http://www.opinionpower.com/Surveys/624038250.html

and we are called "mostly harmless"

(that's right, ripped from the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy :D )

the poll is in dutch but you should be able to figure it out ;)

thanks in advance!

Chris

• Members

We're kind of a tight knit group here (well, except for the times when want to kill each other anyhow) and unless someone eagerly participates in the subject matter here, meaning they have a lot of posts, most of the folks here will ignore these 'vote for me', 'listen to my music', 'see my shirts', requests because a good deal of it is bull{censored} and the poster rarely comes back.

So it's not personal, and it's not about the music, it's about members with posts communicating with each other (in either a positive fashion - or as in my case, many choose to communicate with me in a negative fashion. :D ).

So come on back a few times and make some friends (or bitter enemies, as the case may be). And don't be offended if few people vote for your band.

• Members

i was sort of expecting a reply like this ;) and i certainly will not be offended if no one will vote.

as you can see i'm a member ever since 2001 and i 'lost' a lot of posts a while ago which seemed to have happened to a lot of members (i'm not saying that i had thousands of 'em :D ) but what i'm trying to say is that i mostly read on these forums, i guess i'm a bit shy when it comes to posting :(

anywayz if i offended anyone with this thread then my apologies!

Chris

• Members

"If you play in a band, this is the place to talk about gigging, how to promote your band, getting along with your bandmates, and all things band related! Whether you're world famous or a weekend warrior, you're welcome here!"

Chris Feek, by what the description says. You should be able to post this and not feel ostracized, but I guess you shouldn't believe everything you read. Its no wonder why some people don't come back, but "you're welcome here!".

Beachbum, Please don't think this is towards you. You are a cool cat and I like the cut of your jib.

• Members

Originally posted by harmonica eroti

"If you play in a band, this is the place to talk about gigging, how to promote your band, getting along with your bandmates, and all things band related! Whether you're world famous or a weekend warrior, you're welcome here!"

Chris Feek, by what the description says. You should be able to post this and not feel ostracized, but I guess you shouldn't believe everything you read. Its no wonder why some people don't come back, but "you're welcome here!".

Beachbum, Please don't think this is towards you. You are a cool cat and I like the cut of your jib.

Right. Too bad the way you seemt to read it is "If you play in a band, this is the place to promote your band and all things band related! Whether you're world famous or a weekend warrior, you're welcome here!"

So some of us are sick of the never-ending self-promoting spam from noobs. It just gets old after awhile. Everyone else abides by the rules. Why can't you? Are you special?

• Members

Originally posted by BlueStrat

Right. Too bad the way you seemt to read it is "If you play in a band, this is the place to promote your band and all things band related! Whether you're world famous or a weekend warrior, you're welcome here!"

So some of us are sick of the never-ending self-promoting spam from noobs. It just gets old after awhile. Everyone else abides by the rules. Why can't you? Are you special?

You are the most negative {censored}ing asshole I have ever seen posting on public internet forum. Who died and made you god, you stupid crusty ass old man. {censored} YOU.

• Members

Originally posted by Droplaw621

You are the most negative {censored}ing asshole I have ever seen posting on public internet forum. Who died and made you god, you stupid crusty ass old man. {censored} YOU.

You haven't been around much, have you? And FWIW, I have been far more civil and polite than you are. Ah, the irony!

But hey, thanks for sharing. :thu:

• Members

I just did a cursory check of all the threads on the first page of ths forum and this is the only spam I see. Doesn't seem to be quite the 'never-ending self-promoting spam from noobs' that you make it out to be. Lighten up, it doesn't seem to be that big of a problem and nobody held a gun to your head and made you click on this thread.:rolleyes:

• Members

Keep in mind that there will always be some people who can only build up their own self-esteem by putting others down.

They continually seek approval from their peers through ridicule of others. It gives them a sense of power for something lacking.

Don't take my word for it, watch it happen. Newcomers are kinda 'helpless' when they get here, they have no forum friends yet. Watch how some of the 'old timers' prey on this helplessness.

It's weak, really weak.

• Members

Originally posted by harmonica eroti

i totally agree with this. negativity towards new forum goers is exactly the reason people dont stay on a forum after they join to self/band promote.

if everyone who joins a forum to contribute to what is effectively the most accessible section like a band promotion section gets treated like grime then it reflects on the stature of the rest of the forum...

i would say its fair to expect lots of people to find this section first.

i think its unfair of "regular users" to dismiss every thread made by a new user.

• Members

Originally posted by Tippet

I just did a cursory check of all the threads on the first page of ths forum and this is the only spam I see. Doesn't seem to be quite the 'never-ending self-promoting spam from noobs' that you make it out to be. Lighten up, it doesn't seem to be that big of a problem and nobody held a gun to your head and made you click on this thread.
:rolleyes:

This goes back at least 6 months. It goes in waves. You don't see it because most of the posts were deleted.

Never mind. Screw the forum rules. Spam away. Maybe you can sell all your {censored} to each other. In fact, let's just change the name of this place to "MySpace" and be done with it.

• Members

This goes back at least 6 months. It goes in waves. You don't see it because most of the posts were deleted.

Never mind. Screw the forum rules. Spam away. Maybe you can sell all your {censored} to each other. In fact, let's just change the name of this place to "MySpace" and be done with it.

I have no intention of selling my '{censored}' here, don't know where you got that idea. You really need to calm down.

Archived