Ed Roman's Guitars Las Vegas Good Experience !!!

stegre

• Members

I almost always buy guitars from connections I have in the industry, but this week I was in Las Vegas and went to Ed Roman's. Incredible selection ! I went there Friday, walked around, played a few guitars and kind of liked one (Eastman El Rey 1) but the salesperson didn't have much of a deal.

Went back the next day. I'd checked online and then called a California store for their price. Went back to Ed Roman's, talked with Scott (He seems to be a manager) and he beat the California price by a few bucks. He was $300 lower than the guy there the previous day at the same store.

Scott was a really nice guy, knew his stuff, not the least bit pushy. Very cool experience!

Oh yeah, If you want to keep your wife happy, take the same street and go a few miles south to the Zappos.com factory outlet shoe store. It happens to be right by the Lamborghini dealership. I didn't buy one of those though. Did buy a bunch of shoes.....

Stefan

coverbandbook.com

• Members

I was in Ed's abiout a month ago and must say I was very impressed with the dude that helped me - Stefan was his name. He know a lot about guitars, was very passionate about his product, let me try anything, showed me the shop in the back, even offered to pick me up something from subway since the guys were making a lunch run. I've heard a lot of bad things about Ed but never met the guy personally. Stefan was avery cool dude though.

• Members

I met Ed back in the days when he had the place in CT. I think he just rubs a lot of people the wrong way because he's highly opinionated, doesn't suffer fools well and has absolutely no patience for the retail trade. If he has some good people working the floor in his Vegas shop, he's eliminated his biggest obstacle to success -- his personality.

You certainly can't complain about his inventory.

• Members

Went back to Ed Roman's, talked with Scott (He seems to be a manager) and he beat the California price by a few bucks. He was $300 lower than the guy there the previous day at the same store.

$300???? Sounds like an auto dealership. You think they'd have general 'rules'. Either way - congrats to you!

• Members

My wife bought my Garrison Acoustic from there, and the sales guys were very helpful (in both the acoustic and the bass departments) I took it back for some work and I can't really say anyting bad about them except that the tch didn't give any solutions for my problem (the lasck of humidity) didn't even offer anything, just that it would not be covered under warranty if it comes back in for being too dry.. I do keep a humidifyer thing in the guitar (one of those green things) but aparently it is whicked-dry and it was not keeping up, guess I'll get a humidifier and put my two acoustics and my upright in the small bedroom with it.....

• Members

not be covered under warranty if it comes back in for being too dry.. I do keep a humidifyer thing in the guitar (one of those green things) but aparently it is whicked-dry and it was not keeping up, guess I'll get a humidifier and put my two acoustics and my upright in the small bedroom with it.....

I would imagine living in LV would require a real humidifier -- not one of those stick-it-in-the-guitar things.

My general rule is: If the cats start to spark, it's time to crank up the humidifiers.

• Members

My tech (not the guy from Romans) said until I get a humidifier (which is a high-priority thing) I should put it on a stand in the bathroom when I take a shower. I know its dry here, trust me , I've been here 4 years. I was filling that thing up two times a week, so it's not even like I was neglecting it, just still not enough, the package never said anything about that possibility.

My 20+ year old Martin is just fine, so I guess I was a little blind to the new guitars needs....

Archived