How do you 'Filter' Drummers?

• Members

How do I filter drummers?

Use a fairly heavy gauge of expanded metal with small openings and rub them vigorously back and forth while applying a great amount of downward pressure, much as you would utilize a cheese grater.:lol::lol::badump:

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's just what popped into my head as soon as I read the OP today).

• Members
Agree to meet for a chat at 9am on a saturday morning.

If he doesn't show he'll be a waste of time.

:confused:

I wouldn't show, because YOU are asking ME to waste MY time....Talk is cheap anyways - you wanna hear what he can do, and then see it with your own eyes at an audition.

Everything else is BS.

• Members
DRUMMER'S PERSPECTIVE:
Be realistic. Most drummers never have to go too far to find a new gig, because there are very few drummers out there, and even fewer GOOD drummers out there. At the end of the day, if you can keep time and groove, then you'll always have 5 bands just waiting for you to join up.

:thu:

+1,000. Drummers are in such demand where I live(St. Louis) that getting one to commit to a paid recording session is a huge deal. The fact that you've had a few audition, for a new band no less, ASTOUNDS ME. I too am not saying you should settle, but the quote above accurately describes many settings. In a world full of guitarists and bass players, drummers can afford to pick and choose.

I've given up and am using a Boss DR 770 drum machine. Punctual, consistent, has volume control, and doesn't drink...well maybe on holidays.

Archived