Drummer done gone

morpha2

• Members

know what you mean! drummer i have been playing with for the last 5 years just told me today that he is quitting. bummer. do what you gotta do and move on. i hate it but i have been through so many changes that i am not going to let it bother me!

• Members

a _really_ good drummer is not very easy to replace.

Maybe like Max Roach or Vinnie Colaiuta, but frankly I don't buy the whole "Decent rock drummers are hard to come by" thing. I reckon they're just about as expendable as any other member of the band if you know where to look. :thu::thu::thu::thu:

• Members

well, ymmv and all that. i have found that good people are really valuable on any instrument. between talent, professionalism, personality, and other extenuating circumstances, if you have good bandmates, count yer blessings.

anyone can be replaced, more or less, but the good ones are rightly missed.

• Members

The band I'm in very fortunately hooked up with a drummer who plays great and is a great guy as well. He also happens to have a degree in music as a percussionist and plays multiple instruments. I couldn't be happier! God forbid he left us for some reason.:confused: I feel for you man!

• Members

well had to cancel a show Saturday because the drummer i was gonna used sold his drums for .......100$ .. the exact amount he would have been paid for the show!! .. can you say oxycotin? f..kin pillhead loser .. a good drummer IS hard to find .. any good musicians hard to find though ...

• Members

You didn't lose a friend, you lost a drummer. Your friend is as close as a telephone. Auditions are a necessary pain. Good luck on your search.

Benagain, sorry about your lost gig. drugs and alcohol are both potential problems. Musician's who pawn their equipment are a problem too.

Archived