coming to your house in 2010

Kramerguy

• Members

.. If you would have us..

We're planning a tour, triangular, down the east coast through VA, NC, SC, GA, FLA.. the west ALA, MI, LA, TX (only as far west as Austin), then up through (ARK, KY, TN - kind of unsure on route back, depends on gigs, places to crash), then back to PA, with maybe a stop in OH...

So, the question is...

Anyone willing to put us up a night and maybe feed us a meal? We all know touring is a huge money loser, so we're trying to nail down a place to stay every night (2-3 weeks total) and schedule daily gigs along the pathways.

Shoot me a PM or reply here for bumps, thanks all!

• Members

tough to cold call on that. usually you will get offers from the crowd. one thing our singer does sometimes is put out a sign on our merch saying if someone would like to offer us a place to stay and arent crazy, hit us up. Then we decide from there if they are. Because YOU WILL run into crazy people when you stay at random peoples' houses.

• Members

one thing our singer does sometimes is put out a sign on our merch saying if someone would like to offer us a place to stay and arent crazy, hit us up.

Hahaha that's pretty funny.

I came here and hit up bandmix just becuase some people I've chatted with for years - and know at least some are pretty decent people. I'd do the same for many of them, so long as I have some kind of history, even if it's a lot of arguing (Austin Cowbell) haha, we're still gonna get that beer someday :thu:

Thanks for the feedback though!

• Members

Wow, you are a brave soul. I wouldn't ask to crash on stranger's couches unless I were still in high school/college.

That said, I'd ask my roomie about it if you ever made it to the East Bay of SF area... depends on how many bodies for how long, before I'd be in the serious doghouse.

• Members

Wow, you are a brave soul. I wouldn't ask to crash on stranger's couches unless I were still in high school/college.

That said, I'd ask my roomie about it if you ever made it to the East Bay of SF area... depends on how many bodies for how long, before I'd be in the serious doghouse.

nah man, my band does it all the time. you can usually tell if its going to be weird/dangerous or not.

• Members

Haha, ok questions answered-

There's 4 of us, would only stay one night, then off to the next town/gig, and we would only have one van w/ trailer (which we might just sleep in some nights as well)

Yeah, it sucks to have to ask, but staying in hotels isn't friendly to keeping what little money we got, and showers and cheap/free meals are also essential.

So, there's a few networks of musicians who swap crash pads with each other on tours, gigs, I figured I'd rather ask in the forums that I actually know (better) the people than a cold start in one where I dont.

It's all good though :) we've got a lot of places lined up just though family and networked personal friends and musicians, mostly in VA, FLA, TX, ALA, and TN, but still need a few more to really map it all perfectly.

Thanks to those of you who've responded or PM'd me!

• Members

West Alabama? there is nothing in west Alabama, man!

Unless you're talking about Tuscaloosa.

Other than there and Auburn, all the good places to play at are in Birmingham or Mobile...even Huntsville and Montgomery are very slim pickings.

I would put you up, if I had the room, but two rugrats kinda make that impossible.

Keep us posted on your itinerary, though,

• Members

Hahaha that's pretty funny.

I came here and hit up bandmix just becuase some people I've chatted with for years - and know at least some are pretty decent people. I'd do the same for many of them, so long as I have some kind of history, even if it's a lot of arguing (Austin Cowbell) haha, we're still gonna get that beer someday
:thu:

Thanks for the feedback though!

Yeah, but shes also a female, so we probably get some of our offers because of that fact...

• Members

West
Alabama? there is
nothing
in west Alabama, man!

Unless you're talking about Tuscaloosa.

Other than there and Auburn, all the good places to play at are in Birmingham or Mobile...even Huntsville and Montgomery are very slim pickings.

I would put you up, if I had the room, but two rugrats kinda make that impossible.

Keep us posted on your itinerary, though,

My best friend from HS lives in Mobile , so I figure we got that covered on the way to Austin :)

• Members

Yeah, but shes also a female, so we probably get some of our offers because of that fact...

+1000.

We always get offers because we have 2 hot chicks in the band.

On a side note, we also happen to be the .001 percent of co-ed bands where the girl isn't screwing/dating one of the guys in the band.

It seems like this is exception more often than the rule with every band that's fronted by a hot chick these days.

• Members

My best friend from HS lives in Mobile , so I figure we got that covered on the way to Austin
:)

:affects a big ol' redneck voice:

:cop:No, no, son...that's South Alabama.

Now, don't go an' git that combobbled with "L.A." -which iz what we call Lower Alabama, cuz that's way over on the north border of Florida, 'cept for Dothan, which iz tha Wiregrass.

The Plains is roun' whur Auburn University is. Central Alabama is everything between Birmingham and Montgomery 'bout fifty miles east an' west of the interstate. West Alabama is where nobody lives from north of Mobile to south of Tuscaloosa. Everything north of Birmingham is North Alabama.

• Members

+1000.

On a side note, we also happen to be the .001 percent of co-ed bands where the girl isn't screwing/dating one of the guys in the band.

It seems like this is exception more often than the rule with every band that's fronted by a hot chick these days.

same for us. its bad business to get down b/t band members. plus, her brother is our drummer. ha

• Members

+1000.

yeah, none of that going on in our band. Although half our wives/SO's insist there is :facepalm: ... why o why are chicks so insecure? :cry:

Archived