Anyone have a soundman who SINGS?

zekmoe

• Members

We're thinking of adding a 5th member, to our 4 piece (guitar/bass/drums/singer who can play guitar a bit) because 3 of the 4 of us can't sing at all. We sound good the way we are and like the smaller footprint. So I was thinking, if we added a soundman who sang, that would give us better out front sound, additional set up help, and the occasional harmony we lack. I've seen it a couple of times here and there, sound guys who have a headset mic and have been singing along. Do any of you have a sound guy who contributes the occasional vocal here or there?

• Members

the guy was a good singer and a better soundman. That being said Id add a harmonizer or a person who can sing that plays...

If you want to add a sound man add a sound man if you need a singer add a singer dont try both. One will fail the other more then likely. Your crowds unless your playing techno funk house mix type {censored} will easily realize the other persons voice isnt on stage and that will be come a "buzz"

Just add another guitar to fill up the sound or a keyboard player either who sings if your wanting to add actual meaning to the band and not something thats not there.

• Members

The guys that do it are usually the ones you don't want doing it.

Yep... My band was playing a festival show last year. They had a soundman scheduled to do all the bands. We're playing a song and all of a sudden I hear another voice singing along with our singer's. I look out in the crowd and I see the soundman out there with a mic singing along. It WASN'T a good thing. As a soundman he was good though.

Archived