Any Brooklyn/New York rock bands here?

arcadesonfire

• Members

My band is back together after a year apart, and this time, we want to build a community of bands that will play together, rather than just playing crappy bars with bands we don't know, bands who our friends won't stick around for and whose friends won't stick around for us.

Here's what we sounded like before: www.myspace.com/thisismyboy But now, our cellist, who has a much more palatable voice than me, is singing on every song, and my crazy loud voice will be put to use where it belongs (rather than being put to use everywhere).

So if you're playing rock music around New York City, let's talk!!

• Members

My band is back together after a year apart, and this time, we want to build a community of bands that will play together, rather than just playing crappy bars with bands we don't know, bands who our friends won't stick around for and whose friends won't stick around for us.

Here's what we sounded like before:
www.myspace.com/thisismyboy
But now, our cellist, who has a much more palatable voice than me, is singing on every song, and my crazy loud voice will be put to use where it belongs (rather than being put to use everywhere).

So if you're playing rock music around New York City, let's talk!!

We're from Queens, but our sound is very different. You can do a search on MySpace for local bands that fit your sound more. But more importantly, go check out other bands first and start a network.

We play with a few bands in the city that we know well and do shows together. Good luck!

-PJ

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I am happy to suggest you that Diabloroyale is big Band in New York City. Please check out NYC's premier rock showcase. If you've been to one already you know what it's like, if you haven't, you're really missing out.

+1. great band! if you're ever in NYC check out these guys.

-PJ

Archived