Playing for the "Swamp People" in Pierre Part tomorrow!

• Members

My Brothers,

The History Channel's "Swamp People" show about the alligator hunters is filmed around the Pierre Part, Louisiana area. We're playing at the Pierre Part Church Fair tomorrow night. The folks are genuine and love to have a good time dancing and drinking. "Choot Em" Troy Landry and "Swamp Queen" Liz will be there.

We played for them last year before they were famous. We have a (2) hour set just after evening mass. Folks walk out of church at 6:00 pm to the giant tent set up next to the church and we crank it off. Dance music to the max. We call it "Swamp Pop" sort of like New Orleans R & B with a Zydeco beat.

I swear, I'd play it for free because of the shear joy of the crowd.

• Members

I'm a big fan of the show too. I grew up in rural Southern MD and we fished/crabbed/oystered/hunted. The show and cast remind me alot of some folks I grew up around.

Hope your gig is a blast!

• Members

My Brothers,

What a fun gig. Dancing started at the first song "T-Bone Shuffle" to the last "Boney Maroney" and all others in between. Young and old couples, young mothers teaching their kids to dance. There were even couples slow dancing while holding one of their kids. Love and respect all around...

Plenty of hard working folks sitting in lawn chairs under that big tent with temps in the 90's. Everyone in a good mood. My wife was attending mass in the church next to the stage. Our sound check could be heard by the priest, and he politely directed one of the ushers to ask us to keep it down until after mass.

And the food, seafood gumbo, fried fish, all kinds of crawfish, and the best tasting, darkest roux crawfish stew on the planet. The band couldn't buy a beer to save our lives because the crowd keep buying us rounds, even as we played.

And this reaction, while most of their homes and businesses were sandbagged against the rising backwater from opening of the Morganza Floodway to save New Orleans and Baton Rouge from the Mississippi river floodwaters. These folks are the real deal, none better, and our hats off to them!

• Members

And this reaction, while most of their homes and businesses were sandbagged against the rising backwater from opening of the Morganza Floodway to save New Orleans and Baton Rouge from the Mississippi river floodwaters. These folks are the real deal, none better, and our hats off to them!

Amen!!!

• Members

AWESOME, Bro. Summit! One of the best gig reports I have ever read on HC. I love Lousiana people and their music- I filled in on a few shows for Jo El Sonnier years ago but never got play for his hometown crowd. I think it REALLY sucks what is being done to cajun country now and hope the people there get some kind of compensation.

Archived