playing w/ Dirks Bentley today

J.Paul

• Members

God we need better itineraries

~had no idea what the gig was today (other than we are in Missouri) until we got here

~I'm ended up on the road w/ one pair of underwear (that I've already sharded in)

~hotel has no breakfast~ walk next door to gas station for $7 banana/yogurt/coffee

(40 + soliders walk into the gas station to pee and it's 9/10 today)

~bass player/roomate finds promoters' free fresh breakfast courtesy of front desk

peeps that weren't there when I was looking 2 hours ago.

~record peeps in charge are playing golf w/ Dirks and Gwen is getting a massage w/

the promoter and contest winners

and I'm stuck n a hotel room

I hate not knowing what's going on

• Members

~had no idea what the gig was today (other than we are in Missouri) until we got here

~I'm ended up on the road w/ one pair of underwear (that I've already sharded in)

~hotel has no breakfast~ walk next door to gas station for $7 banana/yogurt/coffee

~bass player/roomate finds promoters' free fresh breakfast courtesy of front desk

~record peeps in charge are playing golf w/ Dirks and Gwen is getting a massage w/

always the brides maid never the bride, but you are on the road with someone who comes out of the tv and radio. That is way cool. livin the rock and roll lifestyle.

• Members

What a train wreck, it poured rain during soundcheck, we were covered but stuff still got wet.

When the sky dried up we finished soundcheck w/out hums or buzzes

My Dr Z blew up as we walked onto our first song

I bypassed my pedalboard and played the 90 minuete set w/ a BB+ and a Fender Deluxe

Great crowd~Gwen deserves more audiences like those instead of the limp responses we got this summer.

The agent was there (imagine that! how often does THAT happen?) and was pleased.

Troubleshooting the Z Monday...will probably use my home Peavey Classic 50 for this week's shows.

-2-6.jpg

-1-8.jpg

Dierks was pretty decent.Just stands there and does his thing. I like that.

I started to get pics of the guitar stuff for you guys but the day was too crazy.

They were using VD Ground Controls to racks with mounted pedals through a GCX routed to two 65 Amp Sohos

Talked to someone from HC in the crowd

• Members

On the bright side, you aren't sitting in a cubicle with your boss(es) yelling at you about your TPS reports.

Archived