Anyone using a free or cheap poster-maker?

Kramerguy

• Members

I've been using two "free" sites, but neither will allow a print or download of a FULL sized poster (not even 8.5 x 11).. and are very limited on what they can do and available art. So I generally create something, then screenshot them and resize them, but it pixelates and whatnot. I've done some of my own using MS word (LOL) and utilizing basic tools like paint and such. I have photoshop but nowhere near the time to learn it, and I don't have graphics and clipart anyways...

I'm musical, but my art skills blow, so I'm not a multi-talented creative genius.. just a musician...

So any suggestions on good free or cheap poster sites?

• Members

Knowing someone in the graphic design department at a local university or community college might be your best bet, if you're looking for something really good. I like to do things myself too, but I realize that there are better-equipped people for the job out there than me.

To kind of answer your question, I did find some templates for Word XP (2001) online a couple of years ago. They were free and I was able to make some halfway-decent flyers out of it (8.5 x 11). Try to do a search for 'Word flyer templates' and maybe you'll find something you'll be happy with.

Archived